This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
    EDF 4.1 on PC - Perfect game to play after work to unwind!
    I dunno, man. I've played it into the early hours and gone to bed with visions of giant hornets in my face when I closed my eyes.
    I had to start having a cool down period after playing it!

A bit more Sleeping Dogs. I want to start God of War and No Man's Sky and Trine 3 and etc etc etc, but I've not even unlocked the Zodiac Island DLC that I bought the game for in the first place! I did go on a rampage at the monastery though:

Comment

Being off sick for days, I worked tying off all sorts including:

-Ghost Recon: Wildlands
      -The Order: 1886
      -Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
      -Homefront: The Revolution

H:TR is just tiresome through and through. From here on, the V in MGS is just a reference to Kojima sticking two fingers up and Konami. I can acknowledge the games strengths and that it's good at what it does but only as much as any Metal Gear spin-off is, it's not in any way a game that sits with the other 4.

From here, I have to spend some time with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Tekken 7

Comment

The joys of picking up half done games, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is done now so fully plugging Tekken 7 now. That will take me up to game 20 of the 20 game backlog plan: The Witcher III

Comment

I did the Zodiac Tournament last night on Sleeping Dogs and it was a lot of fun, especially after watching Enter The Dragon the other night.

It's got loads of cheesy funk music (more like The Incredible Bongo Band than Lalo Shchifrin, IMHO) and grainy filter effects.
          It's a bit more of a story than just one-on-one fights, but it's over pretty quick. A nice aside to the game.

I've only a handful of achievements left, so I'm hoping they won't be a chore to pop.

I'm not sure about doing the other DLC on the bounce though, I've got God of War waiting in the wings (along with 5 gajillion other games).

Comment

Online battle mode and time trialling in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, salmon running in Splatoon 2. And plenty of Dark Souls III habitual muliplayer goodness on PS4.

Comment

I beat Detective Pikachu and had a blast. It's not difficult in the slightest but I had a great time playing it. It also introduced me to Mimikyu who is bloody adorable.

The adventure got me interested in the mainline games again so I booted up Pokemon X and started to make my way through it. I've never been able to get into the main games post Red/Blue/Yellow but this has been fun so far. Right now I have a Charizard (of course), Tryunt, Doublade, Delphox, Talonflame and Pikachu. I do want to get a Squirtle (and if anyone's able to help me out with that send me a pm!) and I recently caught an Eevee. Looking at the new evolutions for it Leafeon looks the coolest to me so I'm going for that once I reach route 20.

There's a lot of extra stuff in these new game like O-powers and the like but I haven't paid too much attention to all that. I'm just making my way through the main story and picking up new Pokemon as I go.

Comment

Almost done with Tekken 7 now. I enjoy it but it always tarnishes the Tekken experience when Arcade mode doesn't have those ever endearing CG character endings. Sad we're back to that with the franchise.

Comment

Boom! That's Sleeping Dogs done 100%!
                  Didn't need to do to much grinding to get the last few trophies, just a couple of gold stats needed.
                  I shot a load of cops (something I'd avoided, seeing as you play an underocver cop!), did some sliding takedowns and some disarms.

I'm not going to bother with the DLC missions at the minute as I've had my fill and £3.69 worth of entertainment.

It's a really great game and a lot of fun. The fighting is particularly well done and once you learn to counter and gain a few more moves (leg break ftw!), you feel like Bruce Lee.

I like how you get marked down as a cop when you're doing missions and break the law, but it's a bit daft that in between missions you can pretty much do what you're like. Not everybody is as law-abiding as me, so it's a conscious decision to make the game fun.
                  I know they're just digital avatars, but I always felt bad when I ran somebody over. Sometimes, I even waited for the ambulance to arrive and resuscitate somebody I'd accidentally run over.

I'm going to try a bit of Sea of Thieves next, I think, but it could just as easily be God of War, The Last of Us, No Man's Sky, The Witcher 3, State of Decay 2 or many, many other possibilities! Relatives are over this weekend, so it'll be next week (*gets gaming withdrawal shakes*).

Comment

Hit my 500 moon goal on Mario Odyssey and moved to RiME briefly. I couldn't see the point right away (Mario still fresh in my mind) but went back a day later and it clicked a little better. The only glitches I've come across are in handheld mode, so I'll only play on the TV.
                    Moved to Breath of the Wild yesterday evening as I'd still got the 4th divine beast, which I bested before bed. Today I'll be gathering some weapons and cooking some food before taking Calamity Ganon out. There is also a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 collaboration quest, so I'll have to do that too.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Wish I could +1 your Sleeping Dogs posts more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                        [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Wish I could +1 your Sleeping Dogs posts more than once.
                        Thanks mate!

Such a neat little game. Obviously, it's nowhere near the scale of GTA, but aside from a karaoke mission, it never feels like you're being forced to do anything. I like how the collectables appear on the map after certain triggers. Plus the fighting is a lot better than GTA. Maybe on a par with Arkham Asylum, but with more options.

You played it too then, [MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION]?
                        Done the DLC too?

Comment

Skyrim VR.

Went with an Orc, Heavy armour, two handed weapon, expert difficulty. Very difficult early on compared to a mage build but suddenly I've smithed my Sword up a bit etc. and I'm one-hitting standard enemies and generally slaughtering anyone who dares cross me.

The game is still bugged to hell:

"You can't hide from me!"
                          "There you are! Now you'll pay!"

This was a bloke with a bow trying to kill a rabbit. He was taking cover behind rocks!

Also, whenever you get killed the person that kills you says:

"Oh, I guess they must have gone" or "I guess I was hearing things"

That engine needs fixing badly

Comment

I have been chipping away at Doom on the Switch. It's pretty intense so I tend to play it in really tiny bursts. It is getting hard now and I figured I was pretty close to the end. Glanced at the chapter names to check and it turns out I'm not even halfway through.

Comment

Lol. I've had 3 failed attempts at playing resi 7 this week. I strap headset on, look around at the nightmare world I'm in and take it off again. I thought I'd got over it but my brain tells me it's real...

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                                +1 it for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X