This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    I'll have a stab at this once I get back around to something single-player. It's been in my Steam pile of shame for years now, although perhaps I should finish the first game beforehand.
    You'll cane the first game in one sitting, a smart guy like you, Double D.

The sequel introduces some extra elements like coloured paint that makes the floor bouncy, speed you up or suitable to place a portal on.

I've not needed to cheat with a guide yet, so when it clicks what you're supposed to do, there's a real sense of achievement.

Get on it, ASAP!

Comment

Well, I finished Portal 2 last night and I LOVED it.
      What a brilliant game.

I didn't think they'd top the song from Portal, but the credits song, "Still Alive" is brilliant.
      I went straight to YouTube to watch a few live vids of it being sung including the voiceover artist (Ellen McLane), the songwriter (Jonathan Coulton) and the Videogame Orchestra, which had the whole audience singing along.

I think I like Coulton's version best as he has a nice voice and the chord progression is really nice.

I'll admit that I cheated ONCE, but it was really annoying because I SWEAR I was already doing what the video showed.
      Actually, now I think about it, I was using a catapault into a portal to get momentum, but you needed to be lifted by a gravity beam up to the ceiling for a bit more velocity. Argh, doughnut.

Other than that, I muddled through everything because that sense of achievement was so great.
      Sometimes you're looking for aaaages until it clicks and then all the pieces fall into place.
      It wasn't just the puzzle solving, I liked exploring the massive base, hearing its history and seeing how the story unfolds and seeing if I'd make it out alive with everybody out to double-cross my character!

Comment

I keep saying it but not doing it - This weekend for me has to be about Yakuza 6

I'm still in Chapter One, I doze off everytime I put it on so damned quickly. It's not even that it comes across as bad, I think it's just because it immediately feels like I'm playing the same instalment for the dozenth time. Maximum Effort required this weekend.

Comment

Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting.

I cracked and bought the Hong Kong version of the Anniversary Collection, though I haven't even booted up any of the other titles. It's probably my favourite game of all time. I'm enjoying it so much, just like it is 1992 again. I play arcade with online challengers set to frequent. I actually feel like I'm sitting at a cabinet and people are coming to challenge me.

Last night a Guile player joined in. He won the first round, and then I went on to beat him six times in a row. Short air Tatsu>Fierce>Fierce Dragon Punch as a crossover is still a highly confusing and deadly technique it seems. I could imagine him getting frustrated about losing and putting more and more coins in to try and win. In the end, I guess he rage quit, but I sent him a friend request anyway.

Fun times.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm playing Sonic Mania Plus and it's really good. I should make a new first play thread for it.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Last night a Guile player joined in. He won the first round, and then I went on to beat him six times in a row. Short air Tatsu>Fierce>Fierce Dragon Punch as a crossover is still a highly confusing and deadly technique it seems. I could imagine him getting frustrated about losing and putting more and more coins in to try and win. In the end, I guess he rage quit, but I sent him a friend request anyway.

Fun times.
              Sweetness.

I remember someone rage quit on me so I sent him an appropriate message about being a sore loser. He said I was being cheap(I wasn't being cheap). I said any and all situations crop up in SF and he should be prepared for them. He sent me a friend request and we had some decent matches afterwards.

SF is lovely like that.

Comment

I've had some good matches recently, including sets of super-close games, and have ended up with several new people on my friends list I know I can have decent matches with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I'm playing Sonic Mania Plus and it's really good. I should make a new first play thread for it.
                  I'm buying this later, and likely letting it gather digital dust.

Comment

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle and Sonic Mania Plus.

Comment

I played the Resident Evil remake again which is always enjoyable. Had a couple of cheap deaths but the games is atmospheric as ever and its always good to play as Jill in her various getups.

I also returned to Gravity Rush 2 recently as they've turned the game's servers off earlier this week. The game is knowingly niche but the imagination on show with the game's appearance and art design are great. Also there isn't much as refreshing as activating Cat's Lunar Mode, then springing up and over buildings. Very exhilarating.

@_SD_ - How's Blazblue Cross Tag Battle? I'm interested in picking it up but want to wait until its a little cheaper before I dip for it.

Last edited by Paddy; 24-07-2018, 08:17.

Comment

My Oculus Rift has gone back to repair so I`m trying to clear some of the games I`ve been gifted or got through bundles on PC.

I played through the first Portal last night. On my list I have the two latest Deus Ex Games, the vanishing of Ethen Carter and the Bioshock collection.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                          and the Bioshock collection.
                          Let me know if the first one holds up today. It's also in my library and I've never played it before. I thought Infinite was 'okay', 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                            My Oculus Rift has gone back to repair so I`m trying to clear some of the games I`ve been gifted or got through bundles on PC.

I played through the first Portal last night. On my list I have the two latest Deus Ex Games, the vanishing of Ethen Carter and the Bioshock collection.
                            I really liked Ethan Carter.

Comment

Lego Jurassic World (PS4)

Hasn't crashed once since I replaced the SSD with the original HDD. We played through the JP3 section and it was tops.

Comment

A bit of Touch My Katamari (Vita) and God of War (PS4).

Kratos reminded me of The Terminator, trying to resolve every issue with punching stuff, rather than checking the sunvisor for keys.

Comment

Working...
                                X