This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's impressive!

I never quite managed to finish it off. I think I used shortcuts to get the good weapons, only to find I didn't have enough health.
    I did some health farming and tried lods of techniques, but I just couldn't.

I got to the point where I wasn't having fun anymore, so knocked it on the head.
    The level I was struggling with was 48 Wrath

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      That's impressive!

I never quite managed to finish it off. I think I used shortcuts to get the good weapons, only to find I didn't have enough health.
      I did some health farming and tried lods of techniques, but I just couldn't.

I got to the point where I wasn't having fun anymore, so knocked it on the head.
      The level I was struggling with was 48 Wrath

I think it's definitely easier with 2 players. I don't think I could have achieved it without her

Comment

I think I'll revisit EDF 2017. I was seven missions away from clearing everything on Inferno difficulty and had a couple of weapons to go for the full set. Let's see if I can make some progress after all these years!

Comment

Summer Twilight Festival on MHW. Missed the first few days but hopefully can get enough tickets for everything.

Comment

I borrowed Yakuza 6 and still haven't moved an inch. I'm going to run out of time soon but the weather and an issue with one of my eyes makes evening gaming such a turn off. If my eye improves I might start to crunch that from tomorrow.

Beyond that, I have Captain Toad and Taiko no Tatsujin Switch lined up

Comment

I spent last night back on Breath of the Wild doing the riddle riddled side quests. It is as compelling as ever. Ive somehow missed 25 quests so need to find those NPCs, also. A solid 200 hour game, this, and a world that's just nice to hang out in. I really wish I played this on Switch now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                I think I'll revisit EDF 2017. I was seven missions away from clearing everything on Inferno difficulty and had a couple of weapons to go for the full set. Let's see if I can make some progress after all these years!
                Yeah, I might add it to my One, now it's backwards compatible. It's nagging me I was so close to completion.
                Maybe I should get Zaki's sister over?

I played some more Portal 2, now my son's playing Stardew Valley loads, and got a good chunk on as I wasn't explaining everything I was doing. Some of the puzzles are brilliant and they don't hold your hand.
                There was one where I was running out of things to try and I couldn't go where I thought I should go, so tried using some slanted wall to fire me in a different direction, only to be propelled through the air, through the middle of a big sign and onto a new platform. Brilliant!

It's now getting into the exploration of the history of the testing chambers and I love that kind of thing.
                The levels are massive and gives you some kind of scope of the size of the project.

Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Continuing with massive backlog. This week iv'e started on the below games while continuing to read through all my back issues of Edge magazine

Far Cry 2 (ps3) - Trying to get the brain to register that this is a 10 year old game, looking past some glitches and usual ubisoft open world foibles and i'm pretty happy playing this, only about 15% into it but can see me giving it another good few hours

Mass effect (360) - Similar to above game, around 4 hours in and slowly starting to unravel character backgrounds, motives etc. Got a feeling this is going to be opening up soon and then i can see the potential of this initial introduction

DJ Hero (PS3) - Not so fond of some of the mash ups but having a smile and laugh at pumping out some 90s classic tunes, seems more involved than playing guitar hero, playing on normal and just getting 2 stars mostly, practice makes perfect though

Metal Gear Solid 3 (3DS) - Loved the PS2 version, plays alot better now i can use the c stick for camera, enjoyable to slowly plod through this at an hour at a time

Captain toads treasure tracker (Wii U) - Nearly finished this, still 6 levels to unlock so going through older stages to mop up diamonds, cracking little game
                  Last edited by superking; 17-07-2018, 18:25.

Comment

Taiko Switch's song list has turned out to be... delicious

Comment

A little more Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch. Nowt else. I'm definitely a seasonal gamer and don't play much in summer.

Comment

Octopath Travellers (demo), ran out of time and moved on to Ys VIII. Just completed a first run through Dark Souls Remastered on the PS4.

Comment

WATCH_DOGS (inner Ricky Gervais voice saying "pretentious") on the Bone, just got past the fiddly-but-simples opening bit and onto the open world. Now going OCD trying to get the brightness and contrast and back-light right. Fuq.

Was playing Monster World IV the other day, stretched widescreen, it felt burrilliant, it reminded me of doldendaze and I could see everything fine with these cack Scrivens glasses.

Don't go to Scrivens. **** me, I've only had these gigs since Nov and they're making me ****ing blind!! Tangent alert, apols.

Comment

Among daily missions on The Division (on XBO) I actually switched the PS4 on this week and it delivered some top arcade thrills.

Tempest 4000 was the driving reason. It's great to have a fully-fledged home console version for this gen. The visuals are suitably ace ... I love how the screen goes trippy (Yoshi's Island style) when you shoot the flower things I just hope the music goes deeper than the T2K and TXK tunes. As I said in another thread, I'm sure the trail on the PS Store features a T3K track (T3K has the best music imo) but there's no guarantee it's in the final game. Quick tip: on the title screen you can toggle three different soundtrack variants to begin the game with by pressing the triangle button.

Street Fighter V had an outing too with a proper old-school sat in front of the tv multi-player sesh. For all the mis-steps Capcom have made with this there's a really great game in there. I'm not saying this as any authority on SF (I'd say I've casually loved the series since it hit the arcade many moons ago in Seaton Carew ) ... it simply feels good, and feels right. We had a lot of fun playing last night.

Battle Garegga had a brief spell but sadly joins those Cave titles I went back to recently and am simply not great at anymore. I'm just not match fit with the trad shooters ... especially those that pose any kind of challenge. I just kept getting hit by sneaky shrapnel last night. Bah. Not to be a bad workman blaming his tools but there's a ton of truth in Seimitsu sticks being better for shooters than Sanwa JLFs. The TE2 is great for Street Fighter but lacks that tight precision for shmups, for me anyway.

Comment

More Portal 2, which is amazing and I regret not playing it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                More Portal 2, which is amazing and I regret not playing it sooner.
                                I'll have a stab at this once I get back around to something single-player. It's been in my Steam pile of shame for years now, although perhaps I should finish the first game beforehand.

Still StarCraft II for me. Hammering the Elite/Cheater AI so hopefully I'll be sorted once ranked mode unlocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X