Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had gaming anhedonia last couple months, trying to rip-roar my gaming chainsaw back into action.

Blasted myself with a few games the other night, ended up liking Superhot.

Only played it like an hour, something about it puts me off (gfx are kinda fugly) but there's a greater force that makes me think about it afterwards. It's nicely unique, something satisfying about lining up your shots and waiting for the outcome, it's cool.

Does look a bit rough tho.

Comment

Dark Souls Remastered. Out of all the Souls games this is the only one I haven't completed. Maybe this time, we'll see. Really enjoying it so far

Comment

All this Dark Souls talk has me wanting to get it despite knowing how much I've hated all the other games in the series.
        I'm not doing it.

Comment

Do it!

Comment

Spent most of the evening on Metal Slug XX, it came out on PSN today. I’ve been playing it in widescreen mode with scanlines enabled and it looks pretty good on me 55” 4K telly. Especially for a port of a PSP game that started out life on the DS!

It certainly has a different feel to the earlier Slugs, a lot more platformy maybe, but it’s still a good crack.

Put a bit more time into Bloodstained and that was me done for the day...

Comment

Several years down the line, having another shot at Double Dragon Neon.

I could like it if for one thing. Not only do you run with the R trigger (which I hate anyway) but there's this really horrible delay whereby you pull back a bit before the running animation that I have always absolutely despised.

It's really this one thing that keeps putting me off the game. I really don't understand why they did that. I know I will never gel with it, it's horrible.

Yah.

Comment

Dark Souls Remastered and Dark Souls III on PS4. It's interesting comparing the two. I still love Dark Souls but it hasn't aged as well as I hoped; the mechanics are very rigid.

Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta on Switch

Comment

Once Witcher 3's end bits have been wrapped up this weekend will elsewise be about:

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
                  -Sonic: Lost Worlds

Comment

The Last Blade : What a gorgeous fighter!

H1Z1 : Have grown to quite like this.

Arizona Sunshine : mid tier zombie shooting game. Maybe lower tier actually, but still good fun with the VR Aim controller.

RE7 : absolutely terrifying still. Managed to complete another section and save before the stress became too much.

Comment

The Last Blade is a great choice Brad. Its still a bloody good weapons fighter and is right up there as one of the better animated SNK fighters. Maybe one day SNK will grace us with a third entry? (GGXRD cell-shaded style if possible or high-res 2D sprites would be great).

More of SFV:AE against friends as that's when it tends to be the most fun rather than jumping through Capcom's hoops to get FM. Additionally I've spent time with Iconoclasts on the Vita and want to spend more time with it as I like its charms.

Comment

I had another crack at No Man's Sky and enjoyed it a lot more this time.
                        I think those sentry bots don't like it if they see you zapping stuff, so skidaddled before they did this time.

Repaired my ship and got off-planet. Got used to the controls and zapped about a lot, following the story's breadcrumbs.

I'm thinking a lot of Minecraft as I'm constantly mining stuff to let me build new stuff to mine other stuff, but the restrictions on inventory are a real ball-ache.

Not sure on the quickest way to make space-moolagh and get a bigger ship.

It's quite a sedate pace when things aren't attacking you and I can imagine it could be a timesink like Minecraft, but the mining cycle seems so much shorter than that. In MC, you'd need coal, so go looking for it and get distracted by a million other things.
                        That's less likely to happen here as you mainly get abandoned bases and plants and rocks to mine.

I will say that, if expectations had been managed better (and the game was released like it is now), this would have been a nice Indie treat, especially considering their previous game was Joe Danger 2. I was really impressed as I blasted off from a planet, flew through space, activated my warp drive and went into a space station.

Comment

More Dark Souls. Going back to this with more Souls experience has made a huge difference. Making relatively steady progress so far, though I expect a colossal kick in the nads anytime soon.

Comment

3rd Strike and Alpha 3 on the 30th Anniversary Collection. Hadouken...

Comment

Skyrim VR tonight. Tranquility and fighting for my life in equal measure. Also shooting butterflies at a distance of 200m with a bow and arrow works because, ya'know, Bethesda...

Comment

Resi 7, Dead Rising 3 and now Mafia 2.

Was playing the PS3 vers a few weeks back. Amazing how much better 360 looks, PS3 owners were proper shafted with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X