0 0%

2 50.00%

2 50.00%
  • 10 - In Far Cry We Trust

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

Far Cry 5

Last night I had just enough time to go through the opening intro of the game and to properly set it up for my system (PC).

So, Far Cry 5 finds you as a rookie cop called... Rookie, in a small American backwater town. You're headed out in a Helicopter with the Sheriff and a US Marshall to arrest the Father, leader of a local mass religious cult. Things naturally go south and the game opens with you on the run for your life.

The benchmarking tool for the game wasn't that good, I found it set most settings to High and that kept the game running at 1080p 34-40fps. A few minutes tinkering manually and then rerunning the benchmark and I soon as every worthwhile settings on high with the game running at 4K 60fps. Visually, there's not much to say ironically despite the numerous visual showboating trailers the game has received. The colour scheme is pretty muted compared to what I'd expected and it's a pretty old looking game in several ways. It's more pushing for functional than anything else but it does the job.

The opening mission only gives you a taster of the gameplay, mostly focused on shooting a couple of enemies, running and shooting out of a moving vehicle window. The game feels fine to control (via controller) but immediately you do get the 'more of the same' vibe reviews mentioned rather than it looking like the more bombastic fresh injection the series needed.

Very early days though, so we'll see if it maintains that vibe of being too close for comfort to the previous entries.

The map looks pretty hefty.
    This video takes almost 5 minutes to cross the map in a cropduster.

http://twinfinite.net/2018/03/far-cry-5-map-how-long/

Absolutely loving this. Apparently the campaign can be completed in 25 hours. I've put in over 30 and have only just left the first main area. Such good fun.

I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far (out of the starting area and completed a few missions). It's absolutely gorgeous game, and runs flawlessly on the Xbox One X (apart from the screen tearing on the map). Love the gun play, graphics and more organic questing structure.

But I can't stand the enemy respawning. It's such a mess. If you go anywhere near a road you get load of baddies come at you and continuously quiet moments are just punctured in this game. In this sense I actually enjoyed Ghost Recon Wildlands more because whilst there's load of enemies in that too, it feels more restrained than this. Also despite what some are saying the limited money is a crappy MTX system. Although you can ignore it, it's definitely impacted the design even slightly and this isn't a Live service/GaaS - so it just shouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulos G View Post
    Absolutely loving this. Apparently the campaign can be completed in 25 hours. I've put in over 30 and have only just left the first main area. Such good fun.
    It can be finished in 10 minutes.

Probably put 10-12 hours in.Loving the game.Looks excellent on the X in 4K

Quote Originally Posted by BIG EDD View Post
    Probably put 10-12 hours in.Loving the game.Looks excellent on the X in 4K
    Yep, native 4K too . Fab game, just so much fun and the online co-op is a riot too
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 01-04-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Yep, native 4K too . Fan game, just so much fun and the online co-op is a riot too
    I thought it was 1800p?

Digital Foundry confirmed it is native 4K on Xbox One X. Can't remember about PS4 Pro but it is in their video.