Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the Elite. JAPJAC-esque item on rllmuk

In this thread,

Anyone got a few grand for a Dreamcast rarity?

Anyone ever had the item, or even seen it?

What is it?

Comment

"Japanese Dreamcast Hibaihin Toyota presents Alabama Meets WillVi - Was presented at the 1999 Tokyo Motor Show and is the single rarest production Dreamcast item made.
      GDrom Disc with original sleeve. Very reluctant sale.
      £6000"

Comment

Ironic that is was presented at the Tokyo Motor Show, when you could get a car for £6k instead.

Or go on an amazing holiday.

Or every current console, projector, telly, monitor and subscriptions to all.

Or a PC (with a graphics card from a couple of years back, if you want to compromise and fit into that budget).

Comment

At least a CPS Changer has a practical application.

Comment

I saw the title and thought **** sake, here we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Ironic that is was presented at the Tokyo Motor Show, when you could get a car for £6k instead.

Or go on an amazing holiday.

Or every current console, projector, telly, monitor and subscriptions to all.

Or a PC (with a graphics card from a couple of years back, if you want to compromise and fit into that budget).
              At least it's not as bad as the guy who spent £60k on a CS GO skin.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                At least it's not as bad as the guy who spent £60k on a CS GO skin.
                It gets worse.
                TOP 10 MOST EXPENSIVE VIRTUAL ITEMS SOLD

10. ‘’Runescape’’ BLUE PARTY HAT - $4,500

The blue party hat is a discounted holiday item in the world-famous game Runescape, that could be obtained by opening Christmas Crackers that dropped during the Christmas event in 2001. Because the time available to obtain it was very limited, the value of the item quickly rose. Before the removal of trade limits on 1 February 2011, the street price of the blue partyhat was much higher than its Grand Exchange price, giving the false impression that its price rose sharply. Back then, the item was traded for around 2.1 billion in-game coins, which translates to around $4,500 US dollars.

9. ‘’EVE Online’’ REVENANT SUPERCARRIER - $9,000

I’m sure we all know EVE Online, the infamous space-based, massive online multiplayer game developed by CCP Games. The game has an in-game currency called ISK (Interstellar Kredits), which is also the currency code of the Icelandic Krona, as the game is developed in Iceland. The game has a number of extremely expensive items, but The Revenant, Sansha’s Nation supercarrier, takes the cake. The massive space ship is incredibly valuable , as the blueprints to build it are extremely rare. It was sold for billions of ISK, which translated to $9,000 US dollars. Unfortunately to the guy who bought it, shortly after construction of the ship was completed, it was destroyed.

8. ‘’World of Warcraft’’ ZEUZO - $9,500
                World of Warcraft, developed by Blizzard, is also a game famous for its micro transactions. Although I haven’t played it for long, I myself have spent some money on some valuable items. Again, luckily not nearly as much as this person did. Zeuzo was a character that reached level 70, the highest reachable level back then. Besides the high level, she was wearing some of the best and rarest items the game had to offer, making her worth around $9,500. Unfortunately for the purchaser, the character was deleted shortly after the purchase, because it violated Blizzard’s terms regarding the trade of characters.

7. ‘’Counter Strike: Global Offensive’’ STATRAK™ M9 BAYONET CRIMSON WEB- $10,000
                Counter Strike: Global Offensive, one of the most played online multiplayer shooters ever, and yet another a game famous for its micro transactions, gambling, and incredibly expensive items. Especially some of the knives are being sold at very high prices, as is the StatTrak™ M9 Bayonet Crimson Web, which was sold for about $10,000 USD back in 2016.

6. ‘’Diablo 3’’ ECHOING FURY MACE - $14,000
                Diablo 3 is a wildly popular, hack-and-slash action role-playing game, also developed by Blizzard, and it is the third installment in the Diablo franchise. The player who initially picked up this item when it dropped, sold it for a measly $250 USD, not knowing the insane value of the item. It was bought and sold a few more times, until someone finally realized how valuable the item was, selling it for a whopping $14,000 USD.

5. ‘’Age of Wulin’’ SWORD - $16,000
                Age of Wulin, or as it was originally named, Age of Wushu, is a free-to-play 3D martial arts game, developed by Chinese company Snail. The European version of the game was closed this year, but European players can still play on original Chinese servers. In 2011, one player spent $16,000 USD on a virtual sword, the only of its kind. Now, interestingly, this was even before the game was released. To celebrate the launch of the game Snail held an online auction, where the gamer bought the sword only to use in the future.

4. ‘’Dota 2’’ ETHEREAL FLAMES PINK WAR DOG - $38,000
                Dota 2, currently one of the most played games on Steam, is an insanely popular free-to-play MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) developed by Valve. I’m sure we are all well familiar with this amazing game. In Dota 2, players have couriers to help deliver items they have purchased from shops or Secret Shops. One of these is the Ethereal Flames Pink War Dog, a courier that was sold for a whopping $38,000 USD.

3. ‘’Second Life’’ AMSTERDAM - $50,000
                The last 3 items might be a little strange, as they are not really items, but real-estate. Second Life is an online virtual world launched in 2003, developed by San Francisco-based firm Linden Lab, with about a million regular users in 2013. Linden Lab claims it is not a game, as there is no main conflict or objective, it claims it is just a simulation for a second life. In Second Life, people can even set up businesses and earn money with them. One of these businesses was the whole city of Amsterdam, modeled after the real city, which was auctioned for $50,000 USD.

2. ‘’Entropia Universe’’ CRYSTAL PALACE SPACE STATION - $330,000
                Now, here is where it gets absolutely ridiculous. Entropia Universe is a massive online multiplayer virtual universe, designed by Swedish software firm MindArk. Entropia uses an in-game currency called PED (Project Entropia Dollars) that can be redeemed back to USD at a fixed rate of 10:1. The game has been in The Guinness Book Of World Records numerous times, for their insanely high valued transactions. One of these records was in 2009, when an entire space station was sold for an incredible $330,000 USD. The person who bought the space station actually made a pretty solid profit out of the transaction, as he took over every cash inflow the space station had.

1. ‘’Entropia Universe’’ CLUB NEVERDIE - $635,000
                Oh, you thought the last one was insane? This one is far crazier. Club Neverdie is also a piece of real-estate in the game Entropia Universe. This popular night club was sold for $635,000 USD, which is an amount I honestly can’t wrap my head around. Similar to the space station, the purchaser of this real-estate actually takes over all the cash inflows, although little is known on whether the purchase worked in his favour.

Comment

What the hell is Entropia Universe? I really can't understand paying 10 dollars for something that's not real. At least with the Entropia Universe stuff I can understand it's a way to make money.

Comment

This is just amazingly, bizarrely weird.

I love it.

Comment

Made me laugh was "shortly after the construction of the ship was completed, it was destroyed".

Guy had just spent nine grand on a virtual space station and some geezers come and destroy it! Gotta laugh at the ridiculousness of it all, what a dangerous world, I reckon a brand new Ferrari would fare better left unattended overnight in Gipton...

Comment

This is definitely thread of the week. Now we just need someone on here to own up to being one of the purchasers

Comment

We need JAPHAT on board.

JAPFAT to the max.

JAPHATCH is in yoire conservatoire.

Comment

Working...
                          X