TV|Shark 010: Deadwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV|Shark 010: Deadwood

Sack it, I know I won't have the time next week to put this together so it can have extra Bank Holiday time given West Wing was a much slower burning thread and part of me expects the same with this one.

Deadwood
    Ran: 3 Seasons (2004 till 2006)
    Episodes: 36 Episodes
    Set in the 1870's, in the small town of Deadwood, the show follows the rising fortunes of the small homestead as its citizens pull the community together amidst an existence focused on gold, sin and survival. The entire three season arc takes place over the course of just a few months as the camp begins to grow and is in part based on the events written about in the diaries of real life citizens of the town during the same era. The show received immense critical praise for its ensemble story telling however ratings slid in the third season and the show came to an end. HBO remained keen on commissioning a TV movie or two to wrap up the storylines however this never came to pass. It still regularly comes up and is worked on to this day with the last update being a planned filming schedule that would begin later this year though HBO has still not green-lit this.

Share your thoughts and memories of The West Wing!

I love Deadwood. All people talked about when it first came out was the swearing. Ironically, language is one of the things that makes the show so special. I'm due a watch of all three seasons as I haven't seen it in ages ... next time a gap in the viewing schedule presents itself I'm heading back to the Black Hills.

I did some work with Ian McShane (so brilliant in this show) between Sexy Beast and Deadwood ... never got the chance to skate with him though. Them's the breaks

Comment

Love love love this series. Such a shame it never concluded properly, the third series was a rushed mess where all of that tension was ditched.

Comment

Another one I never saw, when it came out my time was beginning to become increasingly eaten up with everything else but I always heard good things about it, the lack of resolution made it feel not worth getting involved in so hopefully one day they pull off that closing movie

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I did some work with Ian McShane (so brilliant in this show) between Sexy Beast and Deadwood ... never got the chance to skate with him though. Them's the breaks
          You worked with Swajin?! You lucky "c*ck sucker!"

Comment

Clue for the next thread:

Clue - Tick Tock

Comment

While Timothy Olyphant threw a bucket of cold water on the anticipation of “Deadwood” fans the other week, saying he doesn’t think the proposed telemovie revival of the HBO series will come together due to scheduling issues, however the network itself has now re-ignited the flame. Deadline reports that the long-in-the-works telemovie has just received […]

Nicely timed, the Deadwood revival has just been given a boost in the arm following the confirmation that it has scored a $4m+ tax credit incentive. The incentive required financing to be in place and the script to be finished. The tax credit also mandates that production commence within six months meaning that it's now looking very likely the movie is on the way soon.

Comment

Working...
              X