X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gradius PCB sells for £12,000!

Apparently a genuine sale and the new owner is happy

A Nemesis PCB is £500-600 on the Western market

Would any of you spend anything close to this on a gaming item?
    Last edited by Zaki; 31-03-2018, 11:55.

No. Well, maybe if I could make a bit on it.

Comment

I just wish I were rich enough to be in the market for games that expensive. I'm more a £10 game type of person.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        I just wish I were rich enough to be in the market for games that expensive. I'm more a £10 game type of person.
        Subtle brag thread

I'm more of a couple of quid at the 2nd hand shop type of guy!

Comment

12 grand on a Gradius PCB? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Subtle brag thread

I'm more of a couple of quid at the 2nd hand shop type of guy!
            Sorry to stir envy with my talk of £10 games.

Comment

I have an original nemesis pcb that I paid £100 for about 8 years ago. Pcb prices have shot up massively in a he last few years, especially shooters. It’s nuts!

Comment

Absolute madness, keep waiting for this bubble to burst but it seems to be going the other way. The hobby is too far gone for any enjoyment for me now.

Used to love looking for bargain PCB's and rareish games online, would rather spend my money on clothes or a nice watch

Comment

I’m in the market for a nice, used 335i M-Sport Convertible. A fully serviced, well looked after 10 or 11 plate can be had for similar cost to this Gradius PCB.

I know which I’d prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    I’m in the market for a nice, used 335i M-Sport Convertible. A fully serviced, well looked after 10 or 11 plate can be had for similar cost to this Gradius PCB.

I know which I’d prefer.
                    Yeah, sod that German rubbish!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      12 grand on a Gradius PCB? Am I missing something?
                      The Gradius board uses Konami's "Bubble System" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_System)

Unfortunately it's pretty volatile and therefore there aren't too many boards still working, so it's pretty rare!

Whilst there were some Gradius boards that use ROMs, they were very limited (possibly sent out to replace broken bubble system boards under warranty), so they're pretty rare!

Not sure which one this is, but that goes some way to explaining the cost.

Nemesis was released on a normal ROM board and is therefore more reliable, so less pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                        I have an original nemesis pcb that I paid £100 for about 8 years ago. Pcb prices have shot up massively in a he last few years, especially shooters. It’s nuts!
                        Nemesis is still "reasonable" at the moment, but you can't go wrong with a £100 PCB

I feel that 2014 to 2017 had the most ridiculous jump price wise. A complete set of mint CAVE kits would cost over 50K if you were to start today - I'm not even counting the Atlus stuff!

I miss the days when a Batsugun PCB was cheaper to buy that a Sega Saturn disc today

Comment

You might as well get an x68000 instead, it's got a million versions of that damn game. If I see that Z pattern group of baddies at the start of a level one time.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                            The Gradius board uses Konami's "Bubble System" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_System)

Unfortunately it's pretty volatile and therefore there aren't too many boards still working, so it's pretty rare!

Whilst there were some Gradius boards that use ROMs, they were very limited (possibly sent out to replace broken bubble system boards under warranty), so they're pretty rare!

Not sure which one this is, but that goes some way to explaining the cost.

Nemesis was released on a normal ROM board and is therefore more reliable, so less pricey.
                            The above auction is the ROM version, so that might explain the bidding war!

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                              Absolute madness, keep waiting for this bubble to burst but it seems to be going the other way. The hobby is too far gone for any enjoyment for me now.

Used to love looking for bargain PCB's and rareish games online, would rather spend my money on clothes or a nice watch
                              I think the abundance of superguns and candy cab imports over the years has contributed to the mad prices today.

Sometimes I want to sell a game, but ask myself "how much would I have to pay if I want it back in 3 years"?

Comment

Working...
                              X