Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still want to go to Arcade Club. Sounds amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I still want to go to Arcade Club. Sounds amazing.
      It's the best arcade in the entire uk hands down, they have some very rare stuff in there and all of it is maintained so they all work. £15 for both floors and everything is on freeplay all it's a bargain.

Comment

Managed to put GBA games on my SNES mini classic, so tonight I'm gonna be playing either Advance Wars or Pokémon.

Comment

Decided to play some more Mirror’s Edge Catalyst to calm my nerves.

Such a gorgeous game, and I turned off runner vision so I’m not just following red stuff all the time.

I don’t enjoy having to earn skills she had in the original game. Makes no sense. Unless being in prison for a few years made Faith rusty!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Managed to put GBA games on my SNES mini classic, so tonight I'm gonna be playing either Advance Wars or Pokémon.
            Wait, that's possible?

Comment

Forza Horizon. It’s very good.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Wait, that's possible?
                Sure is!

Comment

Interesting. Did they fix that 3 frame input lag that RA always used to have on the Mini?

Stunning how flexible it is as an emulation device thanks to the tinkering.

Comment

Really have to appreciate Forza Horizon. So dope. I’d place its skill level at over Outrun 2 but below Wipeout although it really does manage to blend the buzz of both of those titles in terms of the handling and how zen like it feels when you’re in the zone.

Soundtrack is still wack and it’s probably the only title I’ve ever played with the music off as all that stations are full of mehtastic tunes. Why in the heck was it not an option to add your own playlist when OG Xbox titles supported this feature?

Can this be remedied with a hacked machine? Anyone know? Can’t believe this is a six year old title visually though as it looks great and performs very solidly.

Comment

I played a bit more Portal with my son and he really wants to know what happens.
                      We did the final (19th) level and was enthralled that it was a big experiment and they wanted to bump us off.
                      It's quite a sinister theme, so I'm trying to keep it light and he keeps shouting "The cake is a lie!"
                      Just got to the bit where they can't see us and we're trying to escape.

When he went to bed, I wondered if Portal 2 worked (I have the disc, but I think it was Games With Gold too and I'd installed it).
                      Only played for a couple of minutes and I think I might play through with my son, so I stopped playing.

Comment

Yep, 2 is a good follow up and doles out the narrative side of things in a stronger manner too.

Comment

Dark Souls kicked me hard twice this week, so I've been mixing it up with some Super Mario World and The Division.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Yep, 2 is a good follow up and doles out the narrative side of things in a stronger manner too.
                            Within those first couple of minutes there was a story that was starting to grip me and I was filling in the backstory as I got glimpses of where I was.

I can't separate Stephen Merchant from his voice at the minute, but I doubt my son knows who he is, so he'll be fine.
                            Apparently, it was "exhausting" to do Wheatley's voiceover, so he gave it some welly!

"I have to say, I found the entire thing really exhausting. More than anything I've ever done before because I'm in this little recording booth, shouting down these imaginary corridors, imaginary gantries, pretending to fall off things and really trying to move around and live it as best I could.

I know it sounds really pretentious, but really try to move around like this robot so my voice would feel like it was animated. I was really working hard to try and put myself in that environment, I guess, which is not something I normally do as a performer. Normally I just rock up and I do the lines and I go away again. I'm not an accomplished actor. But for some reason I was really working hard.

I guess because I wasn't really in a set, I wasn't in a costume, so I was using my imagination as best I could to try to imagine this would. And again, the guys at Valve were very good at painting a portrait of what the world would look like before it was designed."

Sauce

Comment

Metroid Zero Mission. Yes! Loving it so far.

Comment

Secret of Mana PS4 remake.

I definitely prefer it to the original. Finished it last night and all I have to do is max out my magic for the platinum trophy. Still one of the greatest games I've ever played and the ending gets me every time. My daughter loves it too and I'm thinking of making a sprite outfit for her as she's small with big ginger hair and it would suit her perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X