Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB-Pi on PVM

Hi all,
    I've had a few queries about his and more people seem to be getting more interested so made a (terribly edited) video just giving a short overview of running arcade at console at their native res on CRT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaOO...ature=youtu.be
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Crikey, the Pi is impressive :-0

Comment

That’s a good video for the curious out there however there is still the issue of controller lag. Any impressions on how it is on the Pi?

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
        That’s a good video for the curious out there however there is still the issue of controller lag. Any impressions on how it is on the Pi?
        Zero lag mate Also tested on an arcade cabinet too through a JPAC, no lag bud. I wouldn't be using if there was. Even tested two Japanese 6 button MD pads through a convertor, again, no lag.

Comment

Controller lag is usually down to a modern TV's very basic and slow CPU having to upscale the image to HD, CRT and non HD lcd's have no need to process any thing, they just display an image. So you don't get any lag.
          That's just one reason why CRT will always beat a TOTR LCD/Plasma for retro gaming.

Earlier today I picked up a 28 inch Panasonic 4:3 TV for my Wii. Haven't tested it yet but if it works I'll be using it for my Wii to it for some Retroarch and Gamecube goodness!
          Should have seen the missus' face when I walked in the door with it it's massive.
          Last edited by Solar; 01-04-2018, 21:30.

Comment

Your missus has a massive face?

Comment

Worth nothing that it could be a bit of a crapshoot if the RGB-pi actually works probably on your crt monitor. After 5 hours of testing and tweaking on different sets, I get serious sync issues / screen rolling on my ikegami and my bvm. Happens when auto switching resolutions making it unplayable. Luckily it works fine with my pvm and jvc pro. Haven’t tried it with a consumer set, but I think it’s more likely to work.

Comment

I ran this on a consumer Sony and worked pretty well. I had to go into the service menu to alter settings and couldn't get it perfect, mind. Weird about your BVM, I've tested on 3 PVMs and a 14" BVM and all work as they should. That is the nature of this and arcade tech though they were never meant to be a one size fits all solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  I ran this on a consumer Sony and worked pretty well. I had to go into the service menu to alter settings and couldn't get it perfect, mind. Weird about your BVM, I've tested on 3 PVMs and a 14" BVM and all work as they should. That is the nature of this and arcade tech though they were never meant to be a one size fits all solution.
                  Yeah, it’s weird all right. The bvm boots to front end/menu and loads the first game you select, fine. It’s when you exit back to the menu, it doesn’t like it. The Ikegami also boots the front end no probs, but goes nuts (and I mean nuts), when a game loads. Switch back to menu and it’s fine. Every other console works fine on these 2 monitors. The pvm is fine, other than abit of afc wobble, (which my modded PAL Saturn also throws up), the jvc pro is perfect.

Looks like an H/V sync issue with the Ikegami (but there doesn’t seem to any way of correcting it, other than possibly going down the extron route).

What’s the model no of your bvm mate?

Edit - regarding the bvm, the scart switcher seemed to be causing the sync issues on resolution changes. Cycle the inputs on the switcher after a return to menu and it works fine. RGB-pi direct to scart/bnc on the bvm and the issue is gone.
                  Last edited by dvdx2; 02-04-2018, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Your missus has a massive face?
                    haha, I think I had around 20cl of Chekov when I posted that.

Comment

Working...
                    X