A 3DO game not working (all others do)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 3DO game not working (all others do)

Yeah, so I'm thinking there's nothing that can be done, but it can't hurt to ask.

The situation is this:

I have a Panasonic FZ-1 model, never had any issues with it, all games start without problems. All except for disc 1 of "Creature Shock", which is a massive shame....I was soooo happy to get that one.

When the disc is inserted the game is recognized and the system starts loading but it never leaves the initial black screen after the 3DO startup logo. I then tried disc 2 and that one starts fine.

The thing is, disc 1 isn't scratched significantly and I also don't see any signs of disc rot, e.g. pinholes or something. So I'm not sure it would help much if I found a way to have it "repaired" somehow or to maybe boil it.

It would be really really sad if had to throw the game in the trash...but I don't think there's a chance I will ever find a loose singular disc 1 for it either.

All other games I have start just fine, and FMV works without problems as well. .....now that I think about it, when playing some American Laser Games recently the language didn't seem in perfect sync with lip movements at all times, but maybe that's normal.

Any ideas? Not much to lose, I guess.
    Thanks!!
    Samuray

Difficult to say if it's your machine or not - If you want to pop disc 1 in the post to me I can test it on my FZ1.

Comment

Or just see if a pc can copy the disc. If it can then try the burned copy in the 3do

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
        Difficult to say if it's your machine or not - If you want to pop disc 1 in the post to me I can test it on my FZ1.
        That's a nice offer, thank you! But...

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Or just see if a pc can copy the disc. If it can then try the burned copy in the 3do

....this is a great idea I will try first. Actually I don't even have a PC nor any means to burn a disc, but a friend will be able to help out. And someone who bought some stuff from me happens to have a 3DO....he lives not too far away so I should be able to try the disc in his Goldstar.

I'll report back once I have done that, but I'm not sure when that'll be exactly.

Comment

Working...
        X