Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

Rumours have been around for ages now of Activision following up on the Crash Trilogy with a similar reworked collection for the original Spyro threesome.

Amazon, however, posted up the artwork:

Supporting the idea that this is for PS4 only for the first year like Crash, they also listed the first screenshots:

It's down as releasing 21 September for $40

I'm on the fence about this one, probably a later pick up for me if it's coming out in September (Dragon Quest XI comes out at the same time I think).

The first game blew me away with what they accomplished at the time so I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Comment

Looking forward to this. And I finally get to show the boy Spyro pre-Skylanders...

Comment

It's coming to the Xbox One as well.

Comment

If it's XBO bound I wonder if it'll hit Switch and PC as well like Crash is doing in a couple of months? I'd be interested in trying this mostly because I've never gone through a single Spyro game

Comment

A Nintendo UK listing for the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy for Nintendo Switch sparks fresh speculation that the remastered Spyro games will be launching on the platform.

Speak of the devil.
            At this point a PC release also seems pretty certain

Comment

Looks like only Spyro will be on disc and 2&3 will have to be downloaded separately.

Comment

I just read that on resetera. Bugger this then, unless I pick up a used copy.

Comment

That seems so weird. Could they not fit on the disc?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    That seems so weird. Could they not fit on the disc?
                    Probably finishing those games and the disc has already been manufactured.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                      Probably finishing those games and the disc has already been manufactured.
                      At this point devs aren’t even trying to finish a game on the disk.

Comment

It’s like a sneaky way of getting gamers to embrace the inevitable digital future... surely even the most die-hard physical collectors will give up when you’re essentially selling empty boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                          It’s like a sneaky way of getting gamers to embrace the inevitable digital future... surely even the most die-hard physical collectors will give up when you’re essentially selling empty boxes?
                          Aren’t we basically already there?

If it’s not finished then it’s not finished, simple as, don’t go to gold unless it’s working in its entirety and works off the disk.

If you don’t want to release a physical version then don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            The Xbox version of cup head is literally that. Box. Code inside. What bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                              The Xbox version of cup head is literally that. Box. Code inside. What bull****.
                              Wasn’t the Xbox one just a shell in a box without a big update? Like it did nothing at all until it was connected to the net and fully updated and installed?

Comment

Working...
                              X