No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFJr1 is obsessed with Rocket Lollies atm. We stocked up on ice cream for the week last night but it was hard work given Asda's inability to ever stock items properly.

Comment

Just had some chocolate raisins.
      Not bad considering I left them in the boot during this heatwave!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Picturing a welly full of chocolate raisins. I would not eat those raisins.

Comment

Ha ha ha! Car boot, not foot boot!

Comment

If they remove the existing version from sale we can wave goodbye to chocolate royalty soon as they're reducing the sugar and changing the taste of Dairy Milk

Also:

M&M's Limited Edition Crunchy Caramels
            The same sugared multi-coloured M branded shell containing the same inner lining of chocolate just as you would find in the Peanut variants but instead of a nutty centre they've replaced it with a chunk of Caramel that is very similar to that of Dime bars. I wasn't sure at first but I've quickly grown to like them even though they're a bit rich. Shame they'll be gone again soon.
            3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/...PWjQ&ocid=iehp

If they remove the existing version from sale we can wave goodbye to chocolate royalty soon as they're reducing the sugar and changing the taste of Dairy Milk
              Daft. Chocolate's not a health-conscious food.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Always my favourite as a kid from the old fashioned sweet shop near where my grandparents lived.

Striped paper bag full of them with the promise to Granddad not to eat them before dinner, sister scoffs the lot and is sick/ wont eat dinner and poor old Granddad got into trouble and I would sometimes get mine (which I had saved) taken off me only for them to be forgotten about in the car and all booty melty!

Comment

It's coming with a whopping great big price hike but Toblerone have given in and restored the original design. It's new premium price though means Poundland will be resurrecting its own knock off variant called Twin Peaks

Comment

I'm glad. Toblerone was always a 'premium product' back in my day. It *needs* to have prestige, not water out its size for sales.

I figure if you pay £3 for an honest, solid block, you'd buy it less but appreciate it more. Would ya really wanna buy Toblerones for a quid???

It also evokes a tangent: why do Ferrero Rochers have so much posh cred when they essentially taste like bad nuggets from a really bad fake Best One Lion Bar?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      It also evokes a tangent: why do Ferrero Rochers have so much posh cred when they essentially taste like bad nuggets from a really bad fake Best One Lion Bar?
                      I haven't got anything against Ferrero Rocher like you have, but I would sort-of agree with you in the fact that they're not even the best chocolate that Ferrero make these days and they're certainly not the poshest.

Pocket Coffee and Mon Cheri (products that Ferrero only make during autumn and winter months due to their very nature) are both far better and classier than Ferrero Rocher.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-07-2018, 22:03.

Comment

Skittles Limited Edition Orchard Flavours
                        A bit of an odd one this as it turns out the flavours are pretty ordinary given the chosen theme. Apple, Orange, Lemon etc means this limited edition release is mostly the same as the standard pack available all year round with the exception of a deep green wrapper rather than a red one. Perfectly decent sweets still but a very lazy effort.
                        2/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Wasabi peanuts, pistachios, rice crackers, crystallised ginger, dried cranberries, dried apricots, homemade flapjacks/brownies/fairy cakes. Recently rediscovered chocolate baked bananas too (take one banana, cut a slit through the skin along the length of the banana, stuff pieces of chocolate into the slit, wrap in foil, chuck it in the oven on 200C for about 20 minutes. Delicious. We used to make 'em as kids, albeit on an open fire.

Comment

Still stoked to see there's a pop machine at work that sells ice-ish cold full-shug cans of red Coke at 70p a pop.

Comment

And I mean the 330mlers. In Sugar Tax ages. Unheard of.

And I had a Relentless today.

It was the black can, with like half the shug of a Monster.

All I can say is it tasted as great as the old Judd Nelson "Relentless" movie, if that were ever a flavour.

I'll stick to Monster.

Comment

It's beyond annoying shopping for pop lately. At Asda they've ceased stocking all non-Diet variants of their own drinks, ceased stocking their own Coke's of any variant at all and started to withdraw many big brand non-Diet ones as well other than Coca-Cola. I mean, it's a Sugar Tax, not a Sugar Ban - Why the hell do I have more freedom buying Vodka than I do a Pepsi?
                                Counter productive too, just means we're picking it up from a rival now.

Comment

Working...
                                X