Anticipating: May/June 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Not if you're Japanese it hasn't. They're getting the "World" versions of the ROMs like everybody else.
    Gouki has been called Akuma since SFIV. Nothing new there.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Gouki has been called Akuma since SFIV. Nothing new there.
      ...Which is great if you're playing a SFIV collection. This isn't one.

Point still stands. Capcom have faced criticism in Japan for this.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-04-2018, 08:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        ...Which is great if you're playing a SFIV collection.
        What difference is there? Japan has been playing western versions of Street Fighter since IV. V was Akuma too.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What difference is there? Japan has been playing western versions of Street Fighter since IV. V was Akuma too.
          Unless I'm missing something, SF Collection doesn't have IV or V on it.

Not disagreeing with the point you're making but it's clearly something that matters to Japanese gamers for Capcom to have received criticism in their homeland about this decision. I don't think that including a region dipswitch option would've killed them but hey.

Comment

SF Collection does have IV.

My point is is that Japan didn't moan about IV or V being the western version, which is probably why Capcom didn't localise the Japanese version of Collection. Japan now decides it wants to moan, when it didn't for the previous two titles. Moaning now makes about as much sense as this place.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

SF Collection does have IV.

My point is is that Japan didn't moan about IV or V being the western version, which is probably why Capcom didn't localise the Japanese version of Collection. Japan now decides it wants to moan, when it didn't for the previous two titles. Moaning now makes about as much sense as this place.
              SF 30th Anniversary Collection doesn't have IV on it. It covers Street Fighter to III 3rd Strike and the Zero/Alpha trilogy.

That aside, like I said, I don't disagree with you.

EDIT: Didn't realise about the USFIV bonus with the pre-order. Sorry J0e.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-04-2018, 09:02.

Comment

*buffs nails on shirt*
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

OK, this seems the place to whinge about this.

Can Wayforward not remake the original Shantae, so they can release it on something other than Game Boy Color?

Even if it's just a basic remaster, I'd still buy it.

They keep cranking out Shantae sequels and I've liked the demos, but for some reason I really want to play the first one before I buy them. I've been waiting, assuming they would do this for literally years and there's no sign of it!

Comment

That's why I'm not fussed, with Collection. I can understand a purists love for arcade perfect ports but due to that Alpha 3 alone is missing loads of content from the various home ports. That and I'd likely sway to the NS version where SFIV is definitely off the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      That's why I'm not fussed, with Collection. I can understand a purists love for arcade perfect ports but due to that Alpha 3 alone is missing loads of content from the various home ports. That and I'd likely sway to the NS version where SFIV is definitely off the cards.
                      But you get that amazing 8 player tournament mode instead...
                      ...hmmmmm.....

Comment

... I totally forgot SF2 HD Remix was a thing on Switch! Forget what I said, this collection is a sodding bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          But you get that amazing 8 player tournament mode instead...
                          ...hmmmmm.....
                          That you cannot play properly due to those stupid controllers. Jaja.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As long as Third Strike is 990512 (which I believe it is) I don't give a crap which region it is, long as it isn't Asia.

Edit: Not that I'm going to be buying it anyway. Playing fighters online is for crazy people.
                            Last edited by speedlolita; 16-04-2018, 20:31.

Comment

Working...
                            X