Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CliffyB cashes in on PUBG clone as his next project - presenting Radical Heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Cliffy B back when Gears of War 2 launched. Seemed like a really nice bloke and very down to earth.

Shame about this closure but I guess they went all in on the arena shooter just as that genre was dying in favour of battle royale. A lesson learned there for sure.

Comment

Someone made the valid point over at 'Era that his new studio wasn't doing that doing much different to his old one. In that Epic was struggling along with Paragon (now closed) and Fortnite: Save the World before quickly putting together a BR game/mode.

Comment

I've been quite enjoying Radical Heights - sat nicely between PUBG and Fortnite. I take it that game is going to disappear now then.

Comment

Yep. I suppose one hope is it's leaked out to the community. I can't imagine anyone would pick it up as a going concern.

Comment

He recently Tweeted with some of the concept art for ideas he was working on, and it's a shame if they don't come to light.

DragonFlies
            "Here's one of the games I wanted to do codenamed "DragonFlies." Basically you were ninja/samurai in airships riding dragons fighting zombies with friends in a PVE "feudalpunk" setting on floating islands. (the airships = your "aircraft carriers", the dragons = your "planes"). You used melee and guns and could outfit your beasts for combat. Basically do for dragon riding what Halo did for vehicles. Oh and yes, you'd find dragon eggs, hatch them, and raise them."

DogWalkers
            The second idea was for a VR game that was codenamed ‘Rover’ and changed to ‘DogWalkers’ later in concept. It featured a multiplayer PvP battles inspired by World War 2 tank fights and movies like Fury.

"Here's another one, initially planned for VR, codenamed "Rover" but was shaping up to be "DogWalkers" - DOG stood for Destructive Ordnance (on the) Ground. Inspired by WW2 tank crews/battles/the movie Fury. 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 Zoid looking walkers fighting it out in MP. World of Tanks/Tokyo Wars. Some players are piloting, some are gunners, some are repairing, etc..."

Donuts
            The last game was another VR project that was more lighthearted in nature, called "Donuts". It was a spiritual successor to Toobin but with the animals taking the lead. It was described as ‘Mario Kart on Water’ and featured colorful artwork of various animals enjoying together like on a water slide.

"Here's the silly/fun one - basically a VR spiritual sequel to Toobin, only everyone are animals - and a way to fight Seasonal Affection Disorder. (Mario Kart on water with animals in VR.)"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              He recently Tweeted with some of the concept art for ideas he was working on, and it's a shame if they don't come to light.
              I wrote a wall of text, but decided it was best to be less negative through writing less. I don't think any of those are particularly good ideas.

Comment

Sad emoji. I quite like them all.
                I like the idea of the DOG one and being in a team of soldiers running a lone mech, in VR.
                Maybe it's because I'm currently reading The Steam Man.

Comment

Working...
                X