Anyone rgh modded a 360 before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone rgh modded a 360 before?

Got a Trinity here and I'm looking to mod it with RGH for some of that emulation goodness and to make Outrun 2 run better. Anyone modded one before? If so any pointers and how fiddly is it? I've got a low wattage soldering iron and some flux etc but it's been yoinks since I did any electronic tinkering.

Can't see how folks are charging £60 to do this when the parts are under a fiver?

I dual-nand-ed mine so RGH and live compatible. Was about 4 years ago, I remember the dual Nand mod being a bit of a pain in the arse overall to be honest. I actually think I remember I asked a buddy of mine to do the final bits as have a feeling I got confused between a couple of pins!
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Thanks for that, I don't play online so thats not a concern but I suppose the dual NAND would be nice. How fiddly was it, marks out of 10 style?

There seems to be no end of console revisions and different types of mod/installation and I really can't be bothered having to nerd out that hardcore just to see if Outrun works better...

Comment

Hmmm, difficult to remember, but with a Saturn being a 4, this was about an 8 for me. Couldn't you just run the XBLA version of Outrun 2?

Comment

2 things:

The xbla version is really cut down and second it's delisted anyway.

The og Xbox one works but bc emulation is a bit crap and the modded database apparently allows you to tweak it and get much better performance.

That's really the only reason I want to mod it because it probably won't be on xbx bc due to licensing issues which is why it was pulled in the first place.

Comment

I meant on an RGH you can play delisted stuff Yes there is an improved xb 1 emulator which is easily installed.

Comment

Ahahaha

Do you own Outrun 2 perchance and if so could you test it with the new loader? I can't seem to find a conclusive answer as to whether it fixes the framerate drops and glitches and would rather know before modding away.

Comment

I can test it, but am not too sure i would know what i am looking for. I might have to video it for you.

Comment

Excuse the driving, i was holding the phone with one hand and steering with my left index finger while pushing the controller against my leg to accelerate.

Was that long enough?
                  Last edited by Pavey; 13-04-2018, 22:08.

Comment

Nice one bud, it does look better but I don't know if thats just from the camera recording? Could you up a a video of the game loading the initial Sega screen going to attract mode? That part normally has a stutter in it due to crappy emulation on the standard version.

Also if you play it does it feel like silky smooth 60FPS? I notice an uneven framerate on the first course straight away on the first two corners as the performance takes a noticeable hit if you're flying along at a good speed.

C2C actually emulates a heck of a lot better but isn't as pretty as O2 due to the lighting effects and a few other touches being turned off. Kudos for the one handed playing and taking the time to do it though, much appreciated.
                    Last edited by replicashooter; 13-04-2018, 20:47.

Comment

No problem. I do think myself it runs silky smooth, can't see any glitches or frame drops, maybe you can though.

Not played it before either, is a lot of fun and pretty addictive and looks good still today i think, quite polished.

New vid here:

Comment

Welp, looks like its time to mod as that looks stunning. Greatest driving game ever, so much fun!

Thanks for taking the time to do this my man, much appreciated.

Comment

No probs, was fun. Tried C2C aswell, but couldn't get it to work, just hung on the xbox screen. Still, nowhere near to completing Outrun 2 yet!
                          Last edited by Pavey; 14-04-2018, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                            No probs, was fun. Tried C2C aswell, but couldn't get it to work, just hung on the xbox screen. Still, nowhere near to completing Outrun 2 yet!
                            Yikes! C2C works almost perfectly on the standard loader though. Did you try a pal version or ntsc? I’m not sure if og Xbox emulation is region locked but its odd that it would fix one and break the other title?

Comment

NTSC. I'll try it on my other machine and see if it works on there, the one i did the videos on occasionally does odd things, like deleted games still showing etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X