Outputting VITA / PSP on CRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outputting VITA / PSP on CRT?

Hiya, Is there any way to output a VITA or PSP on a CRT?

Ta.

Psp, yes. Vita, not officially AFAIK.

Comment

If you have a PSP 2000, 3000 or Go you can buy a component cable and I believe there is a composite cable too. Whether your CRT will accept a component signal without conversion is a different matter.

Original PSP phat 1000 can't do it.

Comment

Buy a PSTV and save yourself the faff on plus you get a proper controller and its full screen output.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Buy a PSTV and save yourself the faff on plus you get a proper controller and its full screen output.
          Except it's so incompatible with so many games it's almost useless.

Comment

Is there a Scart option for PSP go?
            Cheers for the replies, appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Except it's so incompatible with so many games it's almost useless.
              Not once you've haxxord it which is quite easy to do, then it becomes a pretty decent machine with much more compatibility. Just noticed the OP says CRT, in that case it would be a 2000/3000/Go and Component with CFW to patch in the full screen option or buy a PSTV as stated and convert the HDMI to Component.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                Is there a Scart option for PSP go?
                Cheers for the replies, appreciated.
                No. Whack some RCA to BNC on the end of a component cable and you should be able to feed it into your PVM/BVM no issues though.

Comment

The current cable I have is Scart to BNC, so I would need a RCA to BNC cable instead, and buy the component PSP cable?
                  Could I find an adapter instead?

Comment

No. Get the psp to component cable, put 3 BNC adapters on the end of each of the R g and b and your good to go. Plus side is you can then use those adapters with any consumer component input.

Comment

Honestly wouldn't bother with PSP on a CRT unless you're using it for PS1 stuff tbh.

Comment

Maybe PSP is not worth the effort after all

Comment

Btw a cfw ps3 can play most PSP games perfectly and will connect to your crt. I’m sure there is a compatibility list kicking around online if you want to check something specific.

Comment

Working...
                          X