No announcement yet.

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD officially announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everyone shows Sega they support Shenmue 1 & 2 maybe they will considering making a Shenmue 3....

Comment

Looking forward to going through them again.

Comment

Recently picked up the dc version of II again and it’s great; be nice to see abit of 4k action going on in the new versions

Comment

So this will likely rule out Shenmue 2 BC on Xbox X. Would be interesting to see how it would look at 4K with full anisotropic filtering and AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I tried replaying these a few years back and simply found them too clunky, modern large world games had just moved things on to far for them still to be enjoyable for me personally. And if I'm being honest I always thought the story was a load of guff anyway. They were amazing at the time as I hadn't played anything like it back then, but best left as a fond memory for me.
            Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
            This. If these games were redone 10 years ago maybe I would revisit them. However in 2018 I don't think I would replay a game with mechanics from 1999-2000. Even though they are not the same, the Yakuza series is basically the successor of Shenmue and a much better experience overall in 2018. Just my view however, some people might still enjoy the mechanics of Shenmue.
            Fully agree with these two comments as gaming has evolved so much since then because what was fresh and new is now old and stale compared to how far the style has been refined and expanded on. People checking this out fresh from Yakuza 0 will feel like they've traded in their modern sports car for a Ford Model T.

Regardless, I'll buy a copy just to wander around the streets again but using a decent controller this time as I have a feeling that these two titles are still going to be much better than the third overall in a lot of respects...

Comment

While I'll almost definitely pick these up, it's been a long time since I played through them and have a feeling they might not hold up too well. That said, I'll probably be collecting every capsule toy in order to unlock the last gold trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                So this will likely rule out Shenmue 2 BC on Xbox X. Would be interesting to see how it would look at 4K with full anisotropic filtering and AA.
                A new OG Xbox BC patch has been released that lets Panzer Dragoon Orta be played on the Xbone so who knows...sadly no OutRun 2 BC as of yet.

Comment

Thinking about Shenmue reminded me of tokyochojin's 'My First Visit To Japan' piece ... that was brilliant (and quite a long time ago )

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    A new OG Xbox BC patch has been released that lets Panzer Dragoon Orta be played on the Xbone so who knows...sadly no OutRun 2 BC as of yet.
                    *weeps*

I would go out and buy an Xbone immediately were they to BC Outrun 2 and 2006 to it.

Comment

Well if Orta's on there, maybe a ray of hope?

I don't like to hope but it seems to spring eternal...

Comment

I'sa hoping boss!

The whole can't do it do to the Ferrari license BS is a load of crap when it comes to BC methinks because a) you already own the game which was bought when it was all good and just wish to play it and b) I really want to play it properly again. Heck I'd be happy even if they insisted on installing a patch that got rid of all of the logos and adverts just as long as the core mechanics remained the same as its by far one of the most entertaining games ever.

Comment

I can't wait to get back to playing some Lucky Dip. Hope all the arcade games are still in there as well. Always nice to have a blast on hang-on when waiting about for evening time or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            I mean, wouldn't it look just like the version we're getting? Maybe except for being widescreen with a UI that's resized for HD screens?

Comment

I'm a pretty huge Dreamcast fan, with the console being a near permanent fixture under my Tv since 2000, and yet somehow I never got round to Shenmue. At the time, I was much more excited by Dreamcast's excellent arcade conversions, and so whilst I did play a few adventure games like Code Veronica, Shenmue just didn't really appeal to me. In more recent times, I always read that it's dated quite badly, and that's put me off! I do think I need to give it a go at some point though, so perhaps the time will come with this release. I know I'll enjoy the arcade games, if nothing else

Comment

I'm in for this. Even if it hasn't aged well, it's a game of historical importance.

Comment

Working...
                                X