No announcement yet.

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD officially announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's aged in its own way, that's how I see it. It's quaint and mellow.

I don't need it in 4k, I can play in Fuzzovision on OG Xbox and notice all NPCs have unique faces.

Approach it like a mellow golf game, that's how it is with this.

Comment

glad this is coming out as my DC bearly works. i hope it comes with all passport stuff.

Comment

It'll be nice to play through ahead of the third game, it's been a long time since I last replayed both. My preference still lies with the first game, S2 was leaner in many ways but I disliked the way they diluted the interactivity and sense of daily life. They've likely aged badly but they have a unique charm which is probably why Sega never cookie cuttered Yakuza into Shenmue III like they have Fist of the North Star.

Comment

It's all to do with the atmos, Deadly Premonition and Yakuza take cues from its exquisite mundanity.

I can see why people love the Shenmues and also see why they don't. It's certainly a trial to play, it always was.

Comment

Quite looking forward to these as have never played them. Be good to see what they are all about.

Comment

With the new control scheme it will be a lot less infuriating. A little bit like Shadow of the Colossus, whose difficulty came from the controls.

Comment

Lol, using R trigger to accelerate like a car.

"Yu, this isn't OutRun you dumb dunce!"

Comment

Not that R Triggers were extant in a gaming way circa the inception of the original OutRun.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    Releasing on 31/12/18??!? Pfft
                    I always think of Shenmue as a Christmas game so it's kind of the right time of year ... shame it wasn't a few weeks earlier though.

Comment

That'll be a placeholder for the real date.

Comment

Wait, these are getting physical releases?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          Wait, these are getting physical releases?
                          Jeah!

Comment

How excellent does that look? Hopefully one day we'll see a Shenmue spin off that focuses solely on the crazy days and nights of one Ren of Heavens as that could be so entertaining because dude was majorly ghetto and quite amusing to boot.

Preorders are up on Amazon at £30 now:

Think they'll match the Base price of £23?

Comment

Looks wonderful! Still wishing it was on Switch. Seems perfect for it. But yeah, I love how it looks. It just looks like Shenmue. Really hope it comes sooner than the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X