Shenmue 1 & 2 HD officially announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD officially announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Shenmue I & II are being re-released for a new generation as they launch both physically and digitally on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with a PC release on Steam in 2018.

It’s now officially official! I welcome a long Shenmue 3 delay now.

Finally! I wonder if there will be any changes? There were a crapload of sponsors, old arcade games etc. I hope they make the training in the first game alot easier. 60fps?

You've asked, we listened and we're extremely excited to finally announce that Shenmue I & II are coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in one package! Both games will feature Japanese and English voice overs, the choice of classic or modern controls and more! #ShenmueSaved
    Last edited by Adam; 14-04-2018, 06:27.

Comment

Awesome; I missed out on Shenmue II the first time around, and when I backed III, I was worried I'd have to dig out a Dreamcast!

I just need it to be proper widescreen, 60fps and have decent pad controls on PC; that's pretty much it.

Comment

Apparently this will have classic control scheme or New control scheme, Polygon said. I was hoping they would HD Remaster seems they ported Dreamcast versions which is still good though. Hope the graphics get tweaked slightly and Japanese voice is brilliant news

Comment

From the Steam page:

Pioneering Dreamcast classics available for the first time on PC
          Updated user interface
          Choice of modern or classic controls
          Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
          Fully scalable screen resolutions

Comment

Genuinely excited to revisit Shenmue. Great news

Comment

FINALLY. This is great news. Of course the Switch was the correct answer but I’ll take a PC version in its place. I will be very happy to revisit these and hopefully lead into the third game if it gets released before I die, isn’t terrible and doesn’t end with a commercial for a Shenmue 4 Kickstarter. Regardless of Shenmue 3, it’s great to be able to go back to Shenmue 1 and 2.

Comment

Great news. Two of my favourite games. I just finished a replay of them on DC, but it's nice to see this finally happening.

Comment

Wonderful news, wonder how the gameplay will hold up now? Either way the sheer charm of these two titles is enough to carry them through.

*edit* 29 bucks physical or digital and it looks great:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/04/13/shenmue-i-and-ii-remastered-coming-to-consoles-and-pc.aspx
                  Last edited by replicashooter; 14-04-2018, 17:25.

Comment

Great, another third party game coming out and stinking up gaming!

Comment

Hard to believe anyone cares lol

Comment

Just think. We live in the timeline were Sega gets the dormant franchise Shenmue on PC faster than it gets the active one Yakuza on it

Comment

I tried replaying these a few years back and simply found them too clunky, modern large world games had just moved things on to far for them still to be enjoyable for me personally. And if I'm being honest I always thought the story was a load of guff anyway. They were amazing at the time as I hadn't played anything like it back then, but best left as a fond memory for me.

Comment

Hope SEGA improve the loading times, Thought the 1st game was dull and so very boring, but very much looking forward to playing through the stunning and quite magical sequel

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              I tried replaying these a few years back and simply found them too clunky, modern large world games had just moved things on to far for them still to be enjoyable for me personally. And if I'm being honest I always thought the story was a load of guff anyway. They were amazing at the time as I hadn't played anything like it back then, but best left as a fond memory for me.
                              This. If these games were redone 10 years ago maybe I would revisit them. However in 2018 I don't think I would replay a game with mechanics from 1999-2000. Even though they are not the same, the Yakuza series is basically the successor of Shenmue and a much better experience overall in 2018. Just my view however, some people might still enjoy the mechanics of Shenmue.

Comment

Working...
                              X