User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just use EBookDroid's white-on-black mode to avoid the glare, although it makes the text seem smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion QC they seem to have some kindles in Stock but b and c graded. I would love to hear from someone who has a Kobo but they seem to be way less popular than Kindles.

Off topic but has prinnysquad been around these parts?
    He still about!

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    How do you get along with that, out of interest?

I can't read a book on a tablet; I would need an e-ink screen as they're easier on the eyes for extended reading.
    Comics very good. Technical PDFs not bad. I wouldn't try to read a novel on it though.

The problem with tablets right now is that the resolution has devolved to pre-1920*1080 screens. Bugs the hell out of me that the Nexus 7 2013 is still better than most right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kryss View Post
    The problem with tablets right now is that the resolution has devolved to pre-1920*1080 screens. Bugs the hell out of me that the Nexus 7 2013 is still better than most right now.
    It's because although "retina" screens are pretty, most of the devices don't have anywhere near the graphics hardware to power them. A while ago I got a tablet free as part of a promotion, a Windows 10 one. It's dreadful. The battery discharges faster than it charges, and it has a really nice, bright, hi-res display... That chugs even if you're running Excel.

It's because so many people have phones that are higher resolution than their computer monitors!!

I read sometimes on my iPad. I prefer paper books but it's pretty usable for the purpose.

I did have a Kindle 3 which I used a lot at uni, but I gave it to my Dad. It stopped me buying paper books so my collection stagnated, which made me sad. The Kindle worked really well though, much lighter and more convenient than an iPad for reading.