Time to log out of Bordersdown for good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to log out of Bordersdown for good

Well after 13 years of good trades, making/meeting up with good friends and meeting some nice like-minded people it's time to log out of Bordersdown for good. This is my decision and purely down to the attitude of the Moderator Colin/Ikobo.

Well here's a recent example of why.

-- Colin's Current Sales Thread --
    Quoted 15/04 - "If you're a non posting member of the forum, nothing is available to you. (Now in bold AND red since I'm getting PM's from people who can't be bothered to read this rule, maybe the red will help, maybe I should also underline for full effect?) Them's the rules."

Firstly what's the point having a 'personal' rule like this for buying on a forum where sales are poor in the first place. Can you imagine approaching a market trader to be told this face to face?

Well I PM'd to purchase 1 item, a £15 game from said thread a week before this was made 'bold and red', was ignored and when after a week of no response and asking if this was the reason why I was being ignored this was posted with the following conversation taking place thereafter.

Colin - "No, I just don’t want to sell you any items, I have my reasons."

Me - "No problem at all - A polite message to inform this would have been appreciated. Mod power gone to head springs to mind. I’ve been an active member of the forum 3 years more than you with many good trades. I’ll clear up existing trades then cease using Bordersdown. No point using a forum where a mod ‘has reasons’ for being rude and ignoring another member. No wonder it’s like a graveyard around here now."

Colin - "Very good. Mod or not, I'll decide who I trade with, not you. I need no mod powers in order to make that decision. Your three years extra boast is more than a little sad. Bye now."

Funny how the trade rules for the forum typed up by Colin clearly state, "Respond to PMs in a timely manner. If you haven't got time to communicate, then you shouldn't be trading." Hmmm.

I won't be logging on to read replies to this thread, it'll probably get amended/deleted anyway and I appreciate that Colin is a respected member and trader to many however Colin clearly has an issue of which he believes exclusion/ignoring is a suitable action.

Quite simply - I can't be bothered with keyboard warriors/cyber bullies/whatever you want to class it as and I certainly won't carry on being a forum member with a moderator who believes it's ok to speak to long standing members within the community like this. The sales forum is dying a death already and will continue to go downhill whilst being managed this way.
    [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] - You're a true gent - Thanks for the advice yourself and Lucy gave years ago during troubled times, it helped more than you'll ever know.
    [MENTION=88]buster_broon[/MENTION] - Get in touch

@Team_Andromeda - Your kit is ready to ship - Get in contact
    [MENTION=14970]redstar_dan[/MENTION] - We'll continue the current sale elsewhere
    [MENTION=976]mmmonkey[/MENTION] - I'll email re the current sale.

If anyone else has an existing trade with me I've already contacted you today and have now disabled my PM's - If anyone wants to get hold of me for anything else it's easy to find me elsewhere such as assembler/rllumk.

All the best,
    J

Lol. The forum rules state if you have a problem with staff, tell me about it. Ban request.

But seriously, sorry to hear you are leaving. Hopefully just temporary for a few months. Come back some time in the future?

Comment

Well, this has certainly lit up the forum!!

I was expecting pages and pages by now!

Comment

I think everyone has played it safe having clicked on the thread and had this image in their minds

Comment

Shame buddy but all the best and if you want my number I'm on Facebook and around the bazaar's

Comment

I feel affronted having laid eyes on those PCE repros hahahaha!

Comment

Maaaaaan in about 2007 you sold us a sweet, cheap batch of PS2 RPGs that have all exceeded the value of the initial outlay, Shadow Hearts Covenant and the like.

Feel good times, I still intend to clock 'em all once I get back into an' RPG phase'.

Comment

To be fair, you've completely flaked off contact for two inquiries with myself in the past. That annoyed me.

Comment

"Firstly what's the point having a 'personal' rule like this for buying on a forum where sales are poor in the first place. Can you imagine approaching a market trader to be told this face to face?"

I would happily trade with you, myself. But I've always taken the view that it's up to the seller whose offer he accepts. If there are people he doesn't want to trade with, that's his business.

Comment

I'm trying to tag TA incase he misses this. How do you tag someone with a space in their name?
                    [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] - get in touch with him for your 'kit', whatever that is.

Edit: It worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      I think everyone has played it safe having clicked on the thread and had this image in their minds

I was expecting a more incendiary thread when I saw the title! Ah well. I haven’t traded in here for a while but never had any problems when I did.
                      Last edited by Paulos G; 17-04-2018, 18:28. Reason: Fooked up formatting.

Comment

Everyone is entitled to leave if they aren't happy with the way things are run here but this wasn't anything to do with that. It was just between two members. I think it a bit hypocritical to have a go at Colin for not replying to pms and to then leave the site while you have ongoing trades still. Again, this is my opinion, not the opinion of the staff here and I hope that jei will return at some point. Sometimes we all just need a break from things.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I'm trying to tag TA incase he misses this. How do you tag someone with a space in their name?
                          [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] - get in touch with him for your 'kit', whatever that is.

Edit: It worked!
                          PE kit?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            PE kit?
                            I knew there was some plimsoll undertakings happening on the forum...

Comment

It was Kit from the forum, he's trapped in a minge.

Comment

Working...
                              X