Candy Dino King Cab to Mini Candy Neo-Geo Custom JAMMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on this?
    I enjoyed watching the progress on this and Peebles' progress!

This is my fave pic.
    Not for the cab, but you can see the reflection of your long-suffering partner sipping tea on the armchair whilst you take loads of snaps of your cab that has taken over your free time and your lounge!

(I'm also slightly disappointed you don't have Kid's hear IRL...)

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Any update on this?
      I enjoyed watching the progress on this and Peebles' progress!

This is my fave pic.
      Not for the cab, but you can see the reflection of your long-suffering partner sipping tea on the armchair whilst you take loads of snaps of your cab that has taken over your free time and your lounge!

(I'm also slightly disappointed you don't have Kid's hear IRL...)
      That's actually my Mum...or maybe my Dad :-D I had to move back in with my parents a couple of years ago since my last business venture - which initially made a lot of money- lost money. So I went back to teaching Film Production and Theory for the time-being. No matter, I'll be off again within the year, alleviating my long suffering parents of this :-D My partner actually insisted she drive me to collect it - she loves all this stuff :-D

I have a small update but not worth posting yet. I have the perspex now in place and another mock up from the print shop, before I get the Perspex itself printed.

I think the CPO was posted today too.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I took a punt on partner, but I got it wrong, sorry.
        I got it right about long-suffering though!

Sounds like life has its ups and downs, but you get on with it.

Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Keep the updates coming!
          Final bezel draft from the print shop. Will get this minus the instruction card and mini mini-marquees printed onto the perspex:
          Attached Files

Comment

This is looking absolutely awesome. I'm enjoying following your work, keep up the pics.

Can you make me one?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              This is looking absolutely awesome. I'm enjoying following your work, keep up the pics.

Can you make me one?
              How much you got?

Comment

Amazing. I'd love one too. I have one hundred dollars.

Comment

That's taking shape very nicely! Are you going to put a light behind the marquees? I don't think it particularly needs it to be honest. Are you going to go for any side art?

I really recommend popping a USB slot on the back and using a Neo Geo X controller for player 2... Like this: .

The USB mounts are cheap, and there's an unused lock slot on the back of the Dino King that fits perfectly. I think this is the mount I used: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Dash-...item23999b9be0
                  Last edited by zipper; 08-06-2018, 11:44. Reason: Added a bunch more

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]

I asked first!

Didn't really but would love one too. I'm sure the wife would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                      How much you got?
                      Could be a nice line of work there Paul. I'd prefer to buy one than do it myself as no spare time.

Comment

Says the man building a cinema in his back garden

Comment

Ha ha, true.

It's got as far as getting the tree in the way out, so far. One step at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                            That's taking shape very nicely! Are you going to put a light behind the marquees? I don't think it particularly needs it to be honest. Are you going to go for any side art?

I really recommend popping a USB slot on the back and using a Neo Geo X controller for player 2... Like this: .

The USB mounts are cheap, and there's an unused lock slot on the back of the Dino King that fits perfectly. I think this is the mount I used: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Dash-...item23999b9be0
                            I still love your machine!

I had planned to try EL panels as I can cut them to size but I'm not sure if I will yet. I'm sending my marquee to get printed by Olly next week too so the above will look crisper and not just be printed on paper from Kall Kwik

I've got a range of panels I'm planning to use! Well at least two, as I've made them hot-swappable using Flinnsters JST pinout So have the 6 button and a 2-player 4 button one thus far. And got the first of my CPO art from Olly today. I'm currently arsing around with CAD and Photoshop, and have got nowhere! As I'm trying to create accurate templates as a chap can cut me some steel control panels. So if anyone's any good at using CAD/transferring outlines accurately from CAD to Photoshop please let me know

The coin mech has started to be picky too, so may replace it with a Comestro or something like that.

Comment

That's a lot of work getting everything hooked up through JST connectors. Great now you have it in place though. Nice one! I took the easy way out and just wired the single panel straight up
                              I can't stand electronic mechs - i've never had one that didn't stop working properly (must be me). First thing I did was swap out the one in the Dino King for a mechanical one - an AD81P.

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                                That's a lot of work getting everything hooked up through JST connectors. Great now you have it in place though. Nice one! I took the easy way out and just wired the single panel straight up
                                I can't stand electronic mechs - i've never had one that didn't stop working properly (must be me). First thing I did was swap out the one in the Dino King for a mechanical one - an AD81P.
                                Yeah the mechs are a ballache, am I right in thinking the 81PS only take yen? How hard is it to swap over?

Comment

Working...
                                X