No announcement yet.

Candy Dino King Cab to Mini Candy Neo-Geo Custom JAMMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well done dude. The suggested button layout is awesome too. You’ll find it much easier to play that way.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Very well done dude. The suggested button layout is awesome too. You’ll find it much easier to play that way.
      Ta mate. Pretty happy with the result.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Absolutely amazing work, really impressed with it. Looks like it was a really rewarding project.

This photo makes me laugh though, I forgot about it until I went back to the first post to see the different pictures. It looks like your cab is has just had a wild party and it led on the floor in a state of dazed confusion missing some clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
          Absolutely amazing work, really impressed with it. Looks like it was a really rewarding project.

This photo makes me laugh though, I forgot about it until I went back to the first post to see the different pictures. It looks like your cab is has just had a wild party and it led on the floor in a state of dazed confusion missing some clothes.

Isht got wild all round, let's leave it there

Comment

Beautiful. Nicely done. Now play the crap out of it
            I'm really interested in the printing direct to the bezel. Is it completely opaque, or can you see / shine light through it?

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
              Beautiful. Nicely done. Now play the crap out of it
              I'm really interested in the printing direct to the bezel. Is it completely opaque, or can you see / shine light through it?
              If you look closely you can see it isn't entirely opaque. I guess this could be remedied, as Flinnster suggested, with some silver paint on the back of the print, but it's good for me for now

Comment

I must admit that this thread alone has sparked a hunger in me. I really want to own a cabinet of this small and reduced stature. Thanks to @Zaki, I am now contemplating a very clean Capcom Mini Cute. A Capcom Mini Cute that is incredibly expensive nonetheless. As how fantastic that my woman is, this is going to take some doing. Ideally, I’d go for a Vs. City, but in our sensible house that is never going to happen. I really think that if I can secure this unit, I’ll be good. I have grandeur plans of building a 4-way circuit that will enable me to swap between Final Fight, Street Fighter II’ Turbo: Hyper Fighting, an MVS setup (possibly a 2-slot with Garou Densetsu Special and KOF ‘98), and a side-scrolling shooter, possibly R-Type Leo.

That would be it entirely. I don’t want to go down the slippery slope of a PCB hobby, but I think I’d be happy with such a setup. If anything, it’d be an investment as the price of said cab seems to multiply by the day.

I’ll keep you all posted, but I’m just musing right now.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-07-2018, 17:07.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  I must admit that this thread alone has sparked a hunger in me. I really want to own a cabinet of this small and reduced stature. Thanks to @Zaki, I am now contemplating a very clean Capcom Mini Cute. A Capcom Mini Cute that is incredibly expensive nonetheless. As how fantastic that my woman is, this is going to take some doing. Ideally, I’d go for a Vs. City, but in our sensible house that is never going to happen. I really think that if I can secure this unit, I’ll be good. I have grandeur plans of building a 4-way circuit that will enable me to swap between Final Fight, Street Fighter II’ Turbo: Hyper Fighting, an MVS setup (possibly a 2-slot with Garou Densetsu Special and KOF ‘98), and a side-scrolling shooter, possibly R-Type Leo.

That would be it entirely. I don’t want to go down the slippery slope of a PCB hobby, but I think I’d be happy with such a setup. If anything, it’d be an investment as the price of said cab seems to multiply by the day.

I’ll keep you all posted, but I’m just musing right now.

I nearly picked up a Mini Cute before this project, but Zaki actually (thankfully!) advised I could get one in better nick for around the same price the seller was selling for. I actually want to do another right away, a vert one ideally in the style of an egret or a pony - Jaleco, not the kind that roam around the New Forest. My fiancee would have several of these, she loves all this ****, and she works in medicine with end of life children so you have to be a pretty awesome human being to do that, but,I digress...

I converted my Dino King to JAMMA so I'd have the potential to use JAMMA boards but as you say that is a slippery slope! I remember having a Japanese Final Fight for £50, think I got a Hyper Fighting for £30 etc. etc. but those days are long gone, and the biggest kicker for me was that these were bits of electronics that were only made to last a couple of years at most, they will at some point, die! If you've been to any arcade show you'll know how many times people fix various things. With that in mind I'd still pick up a Mini Cute. I've been offered a grand for the Neo one I made out of the DK, but I'm not selling; even that has investment potential as however you cut it it's a mini Japanese candy cab.

I had a load of stainless steel control panels laser cut by a newly acquired buddy who runs an electrical engineering company, he makes a ton of machines and robots used commercially. If we can get the exact measurements and/or produce a CAD drawing he can cut the panels probably for a hundreth of what these cabs cost. Just a thought I'd been kicking around over the weekend. Not to bootleg them, but rather to make something custom that's similar.

Comment

Working...
                  X