Candy Dino King Cab to Mini Candy Neo-Geo Custom JAMMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candy Dino King Cab to Mini Candy Neo-Geo Custom JAMMA

Pretty much final now. Bezel printed direct to perspex and all put together. Might still light the mini-mini-marquees up, might not.

With an amazing level of help of the ever-awesome Flinnster over on UKVAC, cleaned, stripped and prepared my small Candy for JAMMA Just have to wire the mains in, the sound and set-up the hacked Pi2Jamma

Attached Files
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 26-06-2018, 18:16.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

What's the plan mate, a custom made CP???

Comment

Yup, indeed. Will probably base it on the Neo Candy 19/25 cabs, along with the artwork: side and MVS-4 header. Made this rough mock-up of the CPO:

Attached Files

Comment

Ah, hence the font stuff! This should be awesome, I'll look forward to seeing it done. What sort of dimensions are we looking at here?

Comment

They're tiny cabs, about 120cm high and 44cm wide. They have a lovely 14" CRT inside

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
              Very nice!

Getting there mate!

Comment

I love that photo of the main cab led on the on carpet with the guts all around it and spreading further and further. Awesome project :-)

Comment

This is great!
                  Keep us updated.
                  My son would be gutted at the loss of a Dino King cab though, he loves that game!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    My son would be gutted at the loss of a Dino King cab though, he loves that game!
                    I've literally JUST noticed that the text on marquee is in English! Is this over in the UK these days? I remember seeing loads of these little cabs in Japan; the kids loved them.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      I've literally JUST noticed that the text on marquee is in English! Is this over in the UK these days? I remember seeing loads of these little cabs in Japan; the kids loved them.
                      Japanese built, but a lot ended up in the UK, quite a few in skips I think when the operators started to not make as much

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                        Japanese built, but a lot ended up in the UK, quite a few in skips I think when the operators started to not make as much
                        That's sad; I would love one of those to do a similar project to your own.

Comment

Yeah, they've been here for years.
                          Maybe you missed them because they're below eye-level?
                          At Butlin's, there were kids with big piles of cards and going frantic when the arcade guy filled it up again!

There are a bunch of other games like beetles and sharks.

Comment

I've seen a lot of these done before (same with the 'Love and Berry' cabs too) - really like them as single-player JAMMA machines. Looking forward to seeing this all finished!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Yeah, they've been here for years.
                              Maybe you missed them because they're below eye-level?

In seriousness, it's mainly because I pretty much avoid arcades these days in the UK. They just seem to be filled with big versions of mobile phone games, like cinema-screen versions of Flappy Bird and Crossy Road.

Comment

Working...
                              X