No announcement yet.

Candy Dino King Cab to Mini Candy Neo-Geo Custom JAMMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To recap I redrew all of the Neo Candy artwork to fit in with my design and robbed the bits I liked best off of a range of MVS cabinets, so this is a mashup of my Neo fave designs.

Nearly there:

Last edited by Escape-To-88; 09-06-2018, 19:17.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Superb mate, just superb. (My OCD would require whitening that bezel surround though!)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Superb mate, just superb. (My OCD would require whitening that bezel surround though!)
        Cheers
        Yeah it still isn't finished mate. I haven't touched that I was considering getting it moulded and a bunch made up. Alternatively I was considering respraying rather than Retrobrite it, as RB can leave a swirly effect. Also that bezel is still a £7 job from Kall Kiwik. Got to send the perspex off for printing this week.

Comment

I did vinyl dye on my Neo 29 and it came out lovely.

Comment

I did vinyl dye on my Neo 29 and it came out lovely.

Love the 29s, great buy that mate. Vinyl dye you say? Tell me more...

Comment

Oh it's long gone now sadly.

Vinyl dye is basically a spray paint that actually penetrates the plastic. If you take your time and do it right the results are absolutely excellent.

Comment

Oh it's long gone now sadly.

Vinyl dye is basically a spray paint that actually penetrates the plastic. If you take your time and do it right the results are absolutely excellent.
                Boo

Interesting, not heard of it before, will check it out. Cheers bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  Yeah the mechs are a ballache, am I right in thinking the 81PS only take yen? How hard is it to swap over?
                  Just pop the old one out and the new one in.

Various tolerances can be adjusted to take a range of coins. There are a couple of threads on Arcade Otaku on adjusting them.

Looking brilliant by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                    Just pop the old one out and the new one in.

Various tolerances can be adjusted to take a range of coins. There are a couple of threads on Arcade Otaku on adjusting them.

Looking brilliant by the way!
                    Nice I thought you might have had to buy a whole new coin setup, it literally is just the mech. Does it connect to the excel board via the 10 pin cable, or is that no longer needed? i'm a dunce when it comes to coin mech stuff!

Comment

Hot-swappable 2 player panel wired in this morning via a JST connector, crimped on all pins and made the plug - oddly one of my favourite things to do in this resto!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice I thought you might have had to buy a whole new coin setup, it literally is just the mech. Does it connect to the excel board via the 10 pin cable, or is that no longer needed? i'm a dunce when it comes to coin mech stuff!
                        No credit board needed. This picture is better (it wasn't connected in the last one). Just connect the microswitch direct to your jamma loom.

Comment

That's really nice. And actually, that button layout is pretty good for fighters if you follow the Neo Geo Mini and go for:
                          AC
                          BD
                          ... rather than:
                          AB
                          CD
                          ... so that punches are top row, kicks bottom (basically like SF).

Hot-swappable 2 player panel wired in this morning via a JST connector, crimped on all pins and made the plug - oddly one of my favourite things to do in this resto!
                          Last edited by zipper; 14-06-2018, 08:12.

Comment

@zipper Cheers bud, actually figured the coin slot out! It puzzled me the terminals at the bottom weren't connected in your pic and thought there was some super secret rig up I didn't know about

Button-wise I kept them like that as I switch between 1P 6 button panels and the two-player one, it means having to change inputs per game and gets a bit messy. I found the easier solution was what's above I'm getting an engineer mate to knock me up a few variants of steel panels though.

Bezel went off to Olly yesterday for print too!
                            Last edited by Escape-To-88; 14-06-2018, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                              That's really nice. And actually, that button layout is pretty good for fighters if you follow the Neo Geo Mini and go for:
                              AC
                              BD
                              ... rather than:
                              AB
                              CD
                              ... so that punches are top row, kicks bottom (basically like SF).
                              Hmm having another issue. Mechanical mech works but has to be reset after every credit as the small lever at the bottom of the coin door doesn't ping back each time, and the micro switch trip is at the top. Have I done something wrong here.

EDIT: Found an issue with the microswitch! Now all sorted and working perfectly
                              Last edited by Escape-To-88; 15-06-2018, 19:58.

Comment

Pretty much all done, final previews on first post

Comment

Working...
                                X