Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-Men Cinematic Universe

The X-Men Cinematic Universe

(In Release Order - Bolded Movies Are Released)

01 - X Men
    02 - X Men 2: United
    03 - X Men 3: The Last Stand
    04 - X Men Origins: Wolverine
    05 - X Men: First Class
    06 - The Wolverine
    07 - X Men: Days of Future Past
    08 - Deadpool
    09 - X Men: Apocalypse
    10 - Logan
    11 - Deadpool 2

12 - X Men: Dark Phoenix
    13 - The New Mutants (03 April 2020)
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-06-2019, 07:40.

The X-Men Cinematic Universe Timeline:
    (As Best Calculated)

01 - X Men: First Class
    02 - X Men Origins: Wolverine
    03 - X Men
    04 - X Men 2: United
    05 - X Men 3: The Last Stand
    06 - The Wolverine
    07 - X Men: Days of Future Past
    08 - X Men: Apocalypse
    09 - X Men: Dark Phoenix
    10 - Logan
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-06-2019, 07:40.

Comment

So, I set this up because the XCU is still a thing but the signs are increasingly growing that it may be coming to an end before too long once Disney gets its hands back over the franchise and severs the canon.

You'll notice that the Deadpool movies are missing, this is because Disney already indicated that they will continue as is and they also contain no real direct connection to the XCU movies despite the original intent. Disney will therefore likely fold the films into the MCU canon or leave them as their own franchise.

Earlier this year came word that Josh Boone’s “X-Men” spin-off “The New Mutants” was being significantly delayed, ultimately by almost eighteen months, to accommodate extensive reshoots. The story follows five young mutants who are just discovering their special abilities trying to escape a secret facility where they’re being held against their will. It marks the […]

So, bets on whether one of the final XCU movies makes it to cinema continue with New Mutants being retooled to be a full on horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        So, bets on whether one of the final XCU movies makes it to cinema continue with New Mutants being retooled to be a full on horror.
        You just gonna ignore the possibility of an X-Force movie? Admittedly tougher now that Hugh Jackman definitely won't be coming back as Wolverine, although Josh Brolin as Cable definitely makes using Deadpool 2 as an X-Force movie backdoor doable.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-04-2018, 09:24.

Comment

Previews have already pretty much confirmed Deadpool 2 leads in to X-Force but in a way that it'll be a continuation of the DP films and remain disconnected from Wolverine and the X-Men movies potentially making it an MCU movie.

Comment

Previews have already pretty much confirmed Deadpool 2 leads in to X-Force
            Does it? I've genuinely seen nothing of Deadpool 2 to suggest that this is the case. Please post links that back this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Does it? I've genuinely seen nothing of Deadpool 2 to suggest that this is the case. Please post links that back this up.

It's in one of the trailers.

Comment

...remain disconnected from Wolverine and the X-Men movies potentially making it an MCU movie.
                I'm not seeing the jump to the last part here. It is completely disconnected from the MCU and, to this point, only has a connection to the X-Men universe. Right now, Deadpool belongs in this thread more than the MCU thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

It's in one of the trailers.
                  Must be something I've genuinely missed as I don't recall at all.

Comment

I can't find the direct reference Iger made regarding Deadpool as all the links are more focused on his comments about Disney keeping Deadpool R-rated but I recall it being inferred that Reynolds would continue rather than reboot the character. The first film also doesn't really contain anything that canonically (as much as that matters with Deadpool) fits with the X-Men films. The closest would be the Mansion front face, though the SHEILD carrier at the end is as much a lean the other way. It's a series doing it's own thing unless DP2 commits one way or another with Marvel either looking to leave it as that or link it at some point to have Reynolds appear in another property. They could keep it as an XCU sub-series but they'd have to commit it to that on some level and that would be odd given the XCU is toast and they'd be very unlikely to want the direct connection.

Comment

I'm not saying that it is directly tied into these X-Men films (the links between them are barely solid anyway compared with the neat and tidy MCU) - it's then lumping it in with the MCU that feels wrong. I don't see it being integrated into the MCU any time soon. If it's an orphaned series, it's more suited to in here than the MCU threads.

Comment

Till Marvel make a post-merger decision I've refolded Deadpool back into the XCU pool.

Of all things I'm most surprised by Fox still bothering with Gambit. No idea why even without the merger.

Comment

Final trailer is out for Deadpool 2:

Comment

I really hope this version of Deadpool gets folded in, along with X-Force. Seems a great way to get X-Men into Marvel films.

Comment

It'd be very easy for them to do. If they don't then I assume they'll sever it at the least from the XCU completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X