That Fist of the North Star Yakuza game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Fist of the North Star Yakuza game

I'm thinking of snapping this up - there are a few used copies quite cheaply in my local.

Anyone imported it, or tried it?

Dammit, now I'm getting tempted. Regular version only has 3 stars on Amazon Japan.

Comment

There's a demo up if you want to try it. Shows off a boss battle and some open word stuff.

Comment

If you've ever imported and enjoyed a previous Yakuza this is a pretty safe buy, based on the demo it's nigh on the same game

Comment

This looks good, I'm holding out for a PAL release but nothing announced so far. Is it more Yakuza, or Dynasty Warriors like Kens Rage?

Comment

It has arrived, and I've played through the introduction.

I've never read the Fist Of The North Star Manga, but anyway, this so far has been the characters from that manga in fights with Yakuza fight mechanics. The story-telling video clips also remind me of the excellent ones in the Yakuza games. And the leveling up system is very similar.

The voice actor for the protagonist is also the voice of Kazuma Kiryuu.

Quite fun so far, albeit not what I was expecting. It isn't like Dynasty Warriors so far.

Comment

It looks more Yakuza so that is what I would be expecting.

Comment

I've played a bit more, and this is a game with Yakuza mechanics but Fist of the North Star characters and storylines. The fighting is fun, but there was a long series of fetch quests to get what I needed to get into the city.

If you aren't into the manga, I'm not sure I can recommend this, especially if you don't understand Japanese. I don't like manga myself, but I like to have every game in a series, hence buying this. The violence, which can be set to "mild" for the squeamish, is even more OTT than the Yakuza games. I've always loved the fighting in the series, and it's nice to beat up Mad Max film style goons instead of hosts, chimpira and crooks in Kamurocho. But the storyline is of no interest to me.

Comment

Previously, Sega made a surprise announcement that the anime series Fist of the North Star would receive a game following the Yakuza formula. With people wondering if the game would receive a western…

Looks fun, but I don't know if Ken's Rage sates my FotNS urges still.

Comment

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is out today! Anybody getting it?

/FotNSjoke

Reviews:
                    https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fis.../1900-6417000/ (8/10)

Comment

I have the Japanese version, but Amazon kindly mailed me today that they didn't have stock, despite me pre-ordering it as soon as it was listed.

I refuse the pay the inevitable £49.99 that GAME will want, despite them being the only local place that will stock it.

Comment

Is good gam, I like!

Comment

Wish this was on xbone, would pick it up asap!

Comment

Picked this up on release and really enjoying it (playing it more than Fire Pro), loads to do just like the Yakuza games. I am struggling with the camera a bit though, you can lock-on with one of the R triggers, but you have to constantly hold it down, while one of the L triggers centres the camera; its a bit fiddly when you are fighting a group of gang members.

My only other real gripe is the cell shaded graphics, I get that they are trying to stay faithful/replicate the manga but I would have preferred the realism style of Yakuza. Also, the proportions are a bit strange in this game, some of the female characters (Lyra and Hina) look like they have extra long arms

Comment

I'll be picking this up at some point next week for sure, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X