No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be cool to check out, but anyone saying this will be FPGA is going to be very disappointed I think. It's going to be a novelty emu based item I reckon, not a mega hardcore Analog type deal.

Comment

Not the official thing, but i kind of like this one

Comment

I think even I’d find it hard to resist that one Jamie! Fan made I assume?

Comment

I assume so, but honestly i'm not sure. I saw it here https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/...86502679015424

Comment

Is the cheese on toast fan-made or an official SNK product?

この間は、レトロフリークをコアにおもちゃ筺体作成した。今度は、ラズパイをコアに卓上ミニ筺体作成。・狭い部屋で邪魔にならないサイズ・ジョイスティックはアーケ...

Last edited by QualityChimp; 20-04-2018, 14:44.

Comment

That’s awesome: dinky enough to be cute, yet still of a playable size. Why, o why is it so hard for the new SNK to reproduce something similar?!

Comment

Apparently it’s possible to connect it to a tv also, how the hell you play it remains a mystery? 40 built in games.
                Last edited by SuperDanX; 20-04-2018, 16:15.

Comment

Even that one is too fiddly. The button layout is too cramped and you’d need to be Beadle to use the stick.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Even that one is too fiddly. The button layout is too cramped and you’d need to be Beadle to use the stick.
                    Agreed. Was never a fan of the "willy button" layout. Reason I avoided the SC-19 years ago!

Last edited by Zaki; 21-04-2018, 11:32.

Comment

Neo Geo Classic Edition

It looks like it will be a tabletop machine with a screen, rather than a mini AES console. I was hoping for the latter, so I probably won't be interested in this. But people who like the idea of a tabletop mini arcade machine with a collection of Neo Geo games, might be interested if it's a high quality product.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-04-2018, 20:50.

Comment

A bit more chat about it here, Leon:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          A bit more chat about it here, Leon:
                          http://bordersdown.net/threads/12565...-Is-erm-Now%21
                          Thanks for the link.

Comment

I admire SNK are doing something different, but the unit looks too small. Mind you the unit brings back happy memories of my Grandstand Astro Wars that I had for Christmas back inthe day

Comment

Yeah, it looks like a good idea that's been half-heartedly done. This needed to be classically SNK expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Yeah, it looks like a good idea that's been half-heartedly done. This needed to be classically SNK expensive.
                                Very much like the Neo Geo X. Fab idea just done on the cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X