User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Kratos back with a vengeance?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy day care

0 0%
  • Daddy Kool

5 100.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God Of War PS4

I have a top awesome tip for everyone, play the game bare fisted, fists & shield, and only unlock fist/shield skills, then its basically like GOD HAND remastered

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    I have a top awesome tip for everyone, play the game bare fisted, fists & shield, and only unlock fist/shield skills, then its basically like GOD HAND remastered
    This sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    I think the combat and stuff like shield blocking owes for more to Ryse tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I think the combat and stuff like shield blocking owes for more to Ryse tbh
    This doesn't sound like fun.

It's nothing like Ryse, the combat is a dam site more fast and fluid for a start, already unlocked some new axe moves with a couple of hours play, there is a block a roll a stun and a counter mechanic which gives you lots of different ways to approach combat, the enemy's are large and varied and your not fighting the same enemy 4 enemy's over and over. Your not going into slow-mo every five seconds to do color coded quick time events either.

Take last night I'm cornered by 5 enemy's, one i cant reach so i throw an axe into his head to freeze him in place. i then beat the **** out another all the while having to dodge two of his mates, who are trying to stick axes in the back of my head. i beat the first guy and start a finishing move using his limp body as a battering ram to knock back all his approaching friends, i call my axe back and go to town on his buddy's.

The combat is relentless too and you really need to be on the ball at all times, messing up will see you energy bar deplete super fast. So far I'm loving it and playing this give me a big smile ear to ear, its bloody its violent the combat is super visceral and it looks stunning too.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2018 at 09:47 AM.

I’m surprised how hard it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    It's nothing like Ryse, the combat is a dam site more fast and fluid for a start, already unlocked some new axe moves with a couple of hours play.
    The shield counter to stagger the opponent is almost exactly like Ryse as are the gory one press QTE kills. I love both and really like these BIG budget massive action games, with beautiful graphics and massive set pieces.

The game is a masterpiece, most prob the going to be the game of this Gen and take over from The Division. My only issue with the game is I much rather the original game use of the face buttons for the combat, rather than using the R1 and R2, but its a tiny issue

The shield counter to stagger the opponent is almost exactly like Ryse as are the gory one press QTE kills. I love both and really like these BIG budget massive action games, with beautiful graphics and massive set pieces.

The game is a masterpiece, most prob the going to be the game of this Gen and take over from The Division. My only issue with the game is I much rather the original game use of the face buttons for the combat, rather than using the R1 and R2, but its a tiny issue
    I went back and watched a vid as its been a while since i payed RYSE.

it over dose slowdown and combat is quite stunted and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    I went back and watched a vid as its been a while since i payed RYSE.

it over dose slowdown and combat is quite stunted and slow.
    Yeah that it is, bit but it was a launch title and hampered with MS screw up over tech, GPU limited by 20% for Kinect and let it still looked amazing and was a big buget action blockbuster . I really enjoyed it, It's a shame a sequel wasn't made and look to have built on what a great 1st step to making a fun action game with a great setting.

That said I also loved GOD Of War Acession and didn't even look for a reboot, but more than happy with what the team did for GOD V .

Yeah that it is, bit but it was a launch title and hampered with MS screw up over tech, GPU limited by 20% for Kinect and let it still looked amazing and was a big buget action blockbuster . I really enjoyed it, It's a shame a sequel wasn't made and look to have built on what a great 1st step to making a fun action game with a great setting.

That said I also loved GOD Of War Acession and didn't even look for a reboot, but more than happy with what the team did for GOD V .
    They had the engine but never went on to make the second game. Imagine if ubisoft had done that with Assassins creed the first game was a mess and didnt review well but they got it together for the second before running it into the ground with yearly remakes. I think the review scores are what killed it as it got an absolute savaging more so than most other launch games.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2018 at 03:03 PM.