User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Kratos back with a vengeance?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy day care

0 0%
  • Daddy Kool

6 100.00%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: God Of War PS4

Found a second valkyrie and it's nails

Pattern is easy just everything is cheap, like the vslhalla jump that wipes out half your energy and you get a split second to avoid it, going to try a couple Of times today and if I keep on losing I will just play the main game until I'm More nails

Nothings a one hitter so i wouldn't say their cheap, and their is a tactic for everything you can block parry avoid or stun. Say they go up in the air, a quick axe throw or an arrow knocks them right out of whatever their doing.

I find it really helpful to go in aggressive, heavy runic attack, followed by light runic then a heavy hitting combo. this normally starts the fight off in your favor with a big chunk of health off them.

The recommended level is 6-7 for most of them too as their end game content, their not meant to be easy and there really satisfying once you get their attack patterns down and make a mockery of them.

I finished off the main story over the weekend and i enjoyed it thoroughly all the way through, really enjoyed the world and loved exploring it, so much so that I hung back and did all the side stuff which is quite expansive and well worth the time investment. Their seems to be a lot left in this world for them to build on hopefully we will get an expansion in the same vain as horizon with new areas to explore.

I'm enjoying the game I just don't need the RPG element, for me it ruins it

Beat that valkyrie and found another so fighting that, been beat a few times so far and I agree with your comment about the runic attacks but I switch weapons when I use them and then you get to use them on the other weapon and just wait for them to recharge

If you can die with 3 hits i call that cheap, the valkyrie I'm fighting at the moment has this quick lunge that's impossible to block or roll from but I reckon fighting and moving to the right it should miss me every time so going to try that next

If we're talking cheap the final valkyrie is super cheap health bar twice the size of the others and she is far more aggressive from the get go, she has every move and tactic that all the valkaries have rolled up into one super cheap hair tearing fight.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 14-05-2018 at 03:32 PM.

I didn't think much of this. The combat was clunky, the exploration was linear, the story was the bad kind of silly and it was full of modern-day American phrases and sayings that didn't fit the theme and setting. Admittedly the production was top-notch, the characters were interesting, and it was a beautiful world to experience, but it just wasn't fun to play. Reminded me of The Last Of Us in many ways. Horizon Zero Dawn too.

can we get a down vote button for posts we don't like

God of War reminded me how tired I've become of playing the archetypal reluctant hero. It's silly. "I don't want any trouble", "I'm a peaceful man", all I want is to scatter my wife's remains atop a mountain", "... and I'll kill ten thousand people to see it done!" And it isn't just God of War. Most games today have you playing reluctant heroes. It's so unrealistic. As if anyone could slaughter on such a scale without becoming a monster themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    God of War reminded me how tired I've become of playing the archetypal reluctant hero. It's silly. "I don't want any trouble", "I'm a peaceful man", all I want is to scatter my wife's remains atop a mountain", "... and I'll kill ten thousand people to see it done!" And it isn't just God of War. Most games today have you playing reluctant heroes. It's so unrealistic. As if anyone could slaughter on such a scale without becoming a monster themselves.
    when the stranger knocks at your door and refuse to leave he dosent see him as a theat his reaction is to sucker punch him, he's fully prepared to kill anything that gets in his way or threatens his son.

When he Knocks down the protective barrier around his house he knows trouble is coming, their is a difference between being reluctant and being measured and sensible in a fight. The whole first section is him evaluating whether he can take his son on this journey and if hes strong enough. He knows that if he goes out into the world from the safety of his home he will have to fight to reach his objective how is this reluctant.

I read the Eurogamer review on this and the reviewer attributed Kratos' stripy appearance to tattoos. Ultimate hipster-inflected lore fail.