God Of War PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a second valkyrie and it's nails

Pattern is easy just everything is cheap, like the vslhalla jump that wipes out half your energy and you get a split second to avoid it, going to try a couple Of times today and if I keep on losing I will just play the main game until I'm More nails

Comment

Nothings a one hitter so i wouldn't say their cheap, and their is a tactic for everything you can block parry avoid or stun. Say they go up in the air, a quick axe throw or an arrow knocks them right out of whatever their doing.

I find it really helpful to go in aggressive, heavy runic attack, followed by light runic then a heavy hitting combo. this normally starts the fight off in your favor with a big chunk of health off them.

The recommended level is 6-7 for most of them too as their end game content, their not meant to be easy and there really satisfying once you get their attack patterns down and make a mockery of them.

I finished off the main story over the weekend and i enjoyed it thoroughly all the way through, really enjoyed the world and loved exploring it, so much so that I hung back and did all the side stuff which is quite expansive and well worth the time investment. Their seems to be a lot left in this world for them to build on hopefully we will get an expansion in the same vain as horizon with new areas to explore.

Comment

I'm enjoying the game I just don't need the RPG element, for me it ruins it

Beat that valkyrie and found another so fighting that, been beat a few times so far and I agree with your comment about the runic attacks but I switch weapons when I use them and then you get to use them on the other weapon and just wait for them to recharge

If you can die with 3 hits i call that cheap, the valkyrie I'm fighting at the moment has this quick lunge that's impossible to block or roll from but I reckon fighting and moving to the right it should miss me every time so going to try that next

Comment

If we're talking cheap the final valkyrie is super cheap health bar twice the size of the others and she is far more aggressive from the get go, she has every move and tactic that all the valkaries have rolled up into one super cheap hair tearing fight.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 14-05-2018, 15:32.

Comment

I didn't think much of this. The combat was clunky, the exploration was linear, the story was the bad kind of silly and it was full of modern-day American phrases and sayings that didn't fit the theme and setting. Admittedly the production was top-notch, the characters were interesting, and it was a beautiful world to experience, but it just wasn't fun to play. Reminded me of The Last Of Us in many ways. Horizon Zero Dawn too.

Comment

can we get a down vote button for posts we don't like

Comment

Comment

God of War reminded me how tired I've become of playing the archetypal reluctant hero. It's silly. "I don't want any trouble", "I'm a peaceful man", all I want is to scatter my wife's remains atop a mountain", "... and I'll kill ten thousand people to see it done!" And it isn't just God of War. Most games today have you playing reluctant heroes. It's so unrealistic. As if anyone could slaughter on such a scale without becoming a monster themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                    God of War reminded me how tired I've become of playing the archetypal reluctant hero. It's silly. "I don't want any trouble", "I'm a peaceful man", all I want is to scatter my wife's remains atop a mountain", "... and I'll kill ten thousand people to see it done!" And it isn't just God of War. Most games today have you playing reluctant heroes. It's so unrealistic. As if anyone could slaughter on such a scale without becoming a monster themselves.
                    when the stranger knocks at your door and refuse to leave he dosent see him as a theat his reaction is to sucker punch him, he's fully prepared to kill anything that gets in his way or threatens his son.

When he Knocks down the protective barrier around his house he knows trouble is coming, their is a difference between being reluctant and being measured and sensible in a fight. The whole first section is him evaluating whether he can take his son on this journey and if hes strong enough. He knows that if he goes out into the world from the safety of his home he will have to fight to reach his objective how is this reluctant.

Comment

I read the Eurogamer review on this and the reviewer attributed Kratos' stripy appearance to tattoos. Ultimate hipster-inflected lore fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        I read the Eurogamer review on this and the reviewer attributed Kratos' stripy appearance to tattoos. Ultimate hipster-inflected lore fail.
                        this bit had me in stitches

God, it was a happy day when I realised I could slot a rune or whatever it was into a socket in him and make him summon a spectral herd of wild boar at trying moments. That's my boy, off into battle, awaiting my cry of, "Ghost-pigs! Hit them with the ghost-pigs!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          when the stranger knocks at your door and refuse to leave he dosent see him as a theat his reaction is to sucker punch him, he's fully prepared to kill anything that gets in his way or threatens his son.

When he Knocks down the protective barrier around his house he knows trouble is coming, their is a difference between being reluctant and being measured and sensible in a fight. The whole first section is him evaluating whether he can take his son on this journey and if hes strong enough. He knows that if he goes out into the world from the safety of his home he will have to fight to reach his objective how is this reluctant.
                          My moan isn't really directed towards Gears of War, well, no, it is, but only because it was the last game I played with a typical reluctant hero. I felt exactly the same thing in Far Cry 5, in Assassin's Creed Origins, and many others before them, I'm tired of the discord between the character I'm playing and their actions. I rather silly, over-the-top, protagonists who delight in their violence - like Bayonetta. Or Trevor in Grand Theft Auto V. I can buy into that. It fits what's happening on screen.

Far Cry 3 did it well too where in the beginning you play a reluctant hero, a victim in fact, but then you're forced to kill and kill again, and again, and again, and the more you kill the better you get at killing, and as time goes by you become a force to be reckoned with and you transform into a social outcast, you turn your back on your girlfriend, your friends, your old life, you choose to continue the violent life and delight in it. I can believe in that. It fits what's happening on screen.

When folk go to war to murder their fellow men, when they see people with their guts hanging out, when they see people burning alive, when they hear men screaming for their mothers (not an uncommon sound on battlefields apparently), that kinda stuff affects you. I imagine going back to an ordinary life is rather difficult when you've witnessed that kinda horror and the number of ex soldiers with mental health issues, who commit suicide, are testament to that. I'm not saying I want all my video game heros to kill themself in the end but I would like to see a little more maturity in games that proclaim to be just that.

Comment

Finished it yesterday, well, saw the credits roll and don't have any intention of "exploring" further. It's an 8/10 game. I enjoyed myself, but am baffled by the rave reviews. "Game of the generation?" I hope not.

It did improve after a few hours. Combat doesn't ever get boring because you get to unlock new tricks. A character (or rather part of one) adds some much needed light relief and the father/son relationship gets mildly interesting. There is so much boring walking back and forth fetching stuff and revisiting the same places though. They've tried too hard to avoid loading screens. And I don't think the game even looks that spectacular, the scenery is all very samey. I was hoping for a few more epic set pieces too...

Fighting the dragon got my hopes up, but nope, no more of that. The giants aren't even giant in this GoW.
                            Oh cool! I get to go inside a massive serpent! Oh it's just another row and fetch.

Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 19-05-2018, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                              Finished it yesterday, well, saw the credits roll and don't have any intention of "exploring" further. It's an 8/10 game. I enjoyed myself, but am baffled by the rave reviews. "Game of the generation?" I hope not.

It did improve after a few hours. Combat doesn't ever get boring because you get to unlock new tricks. A character (or rather part of one) adds some much needed light relief and the father/son relationship gets mildly interesting. There is so much boring walking back and forth fetching stuff and revisiting the same places though. They've tried too hard to avoid loading screens. And I don't think the game even looks that spectacular, the scenery is all very samey. I was hoping for a few more epic set pieces too...

Fighting the dragon got my hopes up, but nope, no more of that. The giants aren't even giant in this GoW.
                              Oh cool! I get to go inside a massive serpent! Oh it's just another row and fetch.
                              *Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing — absolutely nothing — half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing... about in boats — or with boats. In or out of ’em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not.

*Ratty wind in the willows

Comment

Now completed and was expecting more at the end like a boss battle with odin or thor but I guess that's for a sequel, you can't really kill off all the norse gods in one swoop

I did like the reveal at the end and loved it when you were going back down the mountain to the credits and just talking to your son

Enjoyed it overall but the elements I've already discussed I could have done without, still got a few things to do like 4 valky's

It's beautiful and they do humanise kratos with regards to his son and for a story to be told I was quite impressed with that

Comment

Working...
                                X