Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Of War PS4

Arrived early thanks to Shopto.
    This looks divine running on the Pro.The world is exquisite and backed up with a stirring soundtrack.Control Of Kratos is fluid and his new axe is a joy to yield.The relationship with his son,Atreus is a bittersweet one and drives the story well.
    The new power up skills for both their weapons and armour is effective and will warrant a full play through which I can guarantee you will.
    Santa Monica has done a wonderfully impressive GOW on the PS4.Long live Kratos....
    Daddy day care
    0%
    Daddy Kool
    0%

Can somebody put the poll right out of ten please.
    The feeling of throwing the axe and returning it is very well done.Put about 3 hours in now and the Norse kingdom is beautifully crafted and still getting to grips with the runes to power your armor and weapons.Can't wait to get back on it,shame i'm on nights this weekend
    Last edited by BIG EDD; 20-04-2018, 04:52.

Comment

Loving this so far. Wished the action buttons were kept to the face buttons like before, but other than loving the sheer Epicness of this game. Combat at times feels very much Ryse lol

Comment

Love Kratos and GoW and can't wait to play this when I clear some backlog so that'll probably be around Christmas, but this BBC piece - heralding GoW as a single-parent drama and an emotional sea-change in gaming culture - is a bit annoying: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbea...o-new-emotions.
        Last edited by Golgo; 21-04-2018, 08:27.

Comment

The realms just keep getting better and better.The artwork is insane

Comment

Wow. Certainly not bad for another Sony third person action game!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Wow. Certainly not bad for another Sony third person action game!!
              Whats wrong with that, when it made this good. I couldn't care less if its nothing new or that it doesn't play that differently. The game looks and sounds amazing, and the world is a sheer marvel of art design and a true technical achievement. It's like wandering around in The Neverending Story world, its quite remarkable and totally and utterly awe-inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Whats wrong with that, when it made this good. I couldn't care less if its nothing new or that it doesn't play that differently. The game looks and sounds amazing, and the world is a sheer marvel of art design and a true technical achievement. It's like wandering around in The Neverending Story world, its quite remarkable and totally and utterly awe-inspiring.
                You must have missed the "discussion" in the GoW5 thread in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  You must have missed the "discussion" in the GoW5 thread in the news.
                  No, Just like to know what is so wrong with SONY making 3rd person games. Its kind of hard to make a game that isn't FPS or 3rd person these days. So I'll hardly be rolling my eyes at SONY for that.

Comment

No, Just like to know what is so wrong with SONY making 3rd person games. Its kind of hard to make a game that isn't FPS or 3rd person these days. So I'll hardly be rolling my eyes at SONY for that.
                    Exactly!! There was feeling that it would get a "free pass" because of the type of game it was rather than the fact it is fookin' incredible!

Comment

I have a top awesome tip for everyone, play the game bare fisted, fists & shield, and only unlock fist/shield skills, then its basically like GOD HAND remastered

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                        I have a top awesome tip for everyone, play the game bare fisted, fists & shield, and only unlock fist/shield skills, then its basically like GOD HAND remastered
                        This sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                          I think the combat and stuff like shield blocking owes for more to Ryse tbh

Comment

I think the combat and stuff like shield blocking owes for more to Ryse tbh
                            This doesn't sound like fun.

Comment

It's nothing like Ryse, the combat is a dam site more fast and fluid for a start, already unlocked some new axe moves with a couple of hours play, there is a block a roll a stun and a counter mechanic which gives you lots of different ways to approach combat, the enemy's are large and varied and your not fighting the same enemy 4 enemy's over and over. Your not going into slow-mo every five seconds to do color coded quick time events either.

Take last night I'm cornered by 5 enemy's, one i cant reach so i throw an axe into his head to freeze him in place. i then beat the **** out another all the while having to dodge two of his mates, who are trying to stick axes in the back of my head. i beat the first guy and start a finishing move using his limp body as a battering ram to knock back all his approaching friends, i call my axe back and go to town on his buddy's.

The combat is relentless too and you really need to be on the ball at all times, messing up will see you energy bar deplete super fast. So far I'm loving it and playing this give me a big smile ear to ear, its bloody its violent the combat is super visceral and it looks stunning too.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2018, 09:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X