No announcement yet.

God Of War PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've just slit the throat of a deer we shot.
    *Parenting goals*

Comment

Finished this a week ago and have spent a couple of hours every night since going through and mopping up collectibles and side quests.

Just a sublime experience! The story is a bit basic on the surface but if you take the time to pay attention it really sucks you in and gets quite deep.

The end was a bit sudden but

you have to go home to rest to kick off the next section

It's brilliant. Potentially my GOTY dependent on Spider-Man when that launches and whether I can give the deserved attention to Yakuza 6.

Comment

I am enjoying it, Meowmix, just having a laugh too.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Just had an hour with this after work and it's starting to show its qualities ... I can feel myself really getting into it

Also, I changed the Pro screen option from 'resolution' to 'performance' which has improved things in a number of ways: combat feels more fluid, the camera is easier on the eye, and the fan is a bit quieter on the system (if it was at 11, it's now more like a 7). You won't see your new 4K tv doing its finest turn, but the advantages outweigh this imo.
          I did their and it does indeed make the Pro faaaaaaaaar quieter.

My issue with performance mode is that the framers is uncapped so goes up and down and I find that really jarring. I prefer a solid 30fps.

Comment

Am I missing something?

I had the fight with the skinny man at my house and got a bit of rage with the controls.

It says in the instructions that R3 locks on to enemies, but it didn't work.
            They guy's zapping around the place and I couldn't see him.
            I found a quick turn option, but what's the score with R3?

Comment

"boy" "BOY!" "BoY!" "Boooy!"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                It says in the instructions that R3 locks on to enemies, but it didn't work.
                Without the controller in my hand I can't remember, but R3 to lock on sounds right iirc, I definitely locked on to that guy when I fought him.

Comment

A big problem with this is the amount of time I have to spend in the menus ... abilities, gem slots, upgrades to this, that and the other ... I'm fine with all that gear in some games but with this I just want to get cracking with the knacking. The gameplay itself is really fun.

Comment

This has done "a Horizon" on me and I'm finding myself trying to eek out every last detail and collectible I can from the world.

Got everything with the exception of

21 Odin Ravens and locating all the treasure dig spots

which will be tomorrow night's entertainment.

I really, really like how there isn't a Trophy tied to difficulty. It's all about the experience and the journey you go on with Kratos & The Boy.

Certainly, as I've said before, unless Spider-Man is that good this will be my GotY for sure.

Comment

What difficulty did you play it on, [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        What difficulty did you play it on, [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]?
                        The story one. I don't have the time or patience to struggle.

Comment

That's what I wanted to hear.

It's not clicking with me. I'm enjoying the story and the environments, but the combat is frustrating me.

I'd rather love the game, like you have, rather than struggle through and resent it.

I'm going to stick with story too.

Comment

The combat flummoxed me a little at the start but once you "get it" which is helped no end by it being easier it's a joy to hit something, throw the axe, freeze enemy, rush in, punch them in face, roll away, hit something else, recall axe through another enemy.

Just so cathartic.

Comment

Yeah, that feeling of being like Thor is brilliant!

Comment

That's the treasure maps done.

Just the ravens and I've 100% this and got me my second ever platinum trophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X