Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI to SCART problems

Hi,

So I purchased a HDMI to SCART converter from amazon, its branded as NeoTeck;

I cant get it to work correctly on my BVM.
    Im using a Retro gaming cables, BNC to scart adapter, thats connected to a scart lead from the output of the NeoTeck.

I get audio, but no image.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dan.
    Last edited by redstar_dan; 21-04-2018, 16:28.

This only outputs composite video doesn’t it? Have you taken this into account?

Pete

Comment

I’ve no idea tbh, how could I work around this? I’m not very good with these things

Comment

Looking again at the adapter you've got, it is CVBS, which turns out to be another way of saying Composite Video.

Your BVM might support composite input, but then I guess you wanted RGB to try and get a better image?

What is it that you're trying to connect up to your BVM? It might be best to change the thread to something along those lines and hopefully some more people will chime in and come up with suggestions etc.

ta
        Pete

Comment

Looks like a composite output indeed from the 3 seconds of Googling I did.

Such a product shouldn't exist in the first place.

Comment

Are you using a game console on it? As if so it doesn't list support for 240p either by the look of things, so it likely won't show a picture for Mega Drive and SNES games.

Scart can be wired to support, Composite, RGB, S-Video and YPbPr (But it's very rare to find scart devices that support either S-Video or YPbPr correctly)

As mmmonkey said you really want a device that supports RGB scart, there are quite a few up scalers that do. Great breakdown on many of the available devices here: http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/
            Last edited by S3M; 24-04-2018, 11:51.

Comment

Working...
            X