No announcement yet.

Classic game collections you’d like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd agree with that, as the SNES Mini has proven, its always nicer when its official in that sense because of the little touches. The pirate devs do an amazing job of keeping these old titles alive and accessible but its stunning how so many companies disrespect their heritage like that.

Modern consoles are more than powerful enough to handle older arcade machines perfectly and when you add in online functionality and all the rest of the gubbins that people seem to like it could be amazing. Wonder why MS hasn't jumped on that field as well because they could ultimately create the one retro modern console to rule them all if they did...

Comment

A Time Crisis collection would be terrific. PSVR would seem to be the natural home. I'd like to step up to an anatomically accurate version of each arcade machine inside my headset, grip the gun in my hands and blast away at an on-screen screen.

I'd probably genuinely go out and buy a PSVR for that.

Ideally it would also come with a G-Con 45 shaped shell to slot the Move into.

Comment

Thats what I'm talking about. Can you imagine actually having something like that in the home but on a big ass screen with some shiny sprinkles? Woooooooo!

*dreams about Outrun VR*
        *crashes Ferrari checking out the digital tits jiggling in the passenger seat*

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          I'd agree with that, as the SNES Mini has proven, its always nicer when its official in that sense because of the little touches. The pirate devs do an amazing job of keeping these old titles alive and accessible but its stunning how so many companies disrespect their heritage like that.

Modern consoles are more than powerful enough to handle older arcade machines perfectly and when you add in online functionality and all the rest of the gubbins that people seem to like it could be amazing. Wonder why MS hasn't jumped on that field as well because they could ultimately create the one retro modern console to rule them all if they did...
          Theres a variety of issues I think. One is licensing, whether thats the soundtrack, existing IP or the developer who made the game going bankrupt/closing down. Second is that its mostly a niche market, big publishers are only interested in the big money and moving to GaaS, selling a few thousand copies of some 20 year old game isn't a priority. MS are doing fantastic stuff with backwards compatibility on xbox one x but it will only be limited to xbox only games.

On topic, I would love to see games that never saw the light of day outside of Japan, translated and released. Shining Force 3 parts 2 & 3. Mother 3, SNES Fire Emblems, Famicom Wars etc.

Comment

Working...
          X