New PSU now windows won’t boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PSU now windows won’t boot.

Installed a new psu today on my system as the old one was causing intermittent reboots.

Install new psu today and now windows won’t boot.

Everything is plugged in as it should be.
    Motherboard has power.
    CPU has power.
    Boot drives have power as I can feel it spinning.

Out of ideas bar swapping the old psu back in.

Does it post? Do you get any beeps? If you also havr on board gfx (Intel cpu's usually have gfx chips built in), have you tried removing the most power hungry device, i.e the gfx card and see if it posts to bios and/or boots windows?

Comment

Did your CMOS battery die? Maybe check the BIOS to see if it's seeing the Hard Drive as bootable.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
        Did your CMOS battery die? Maybe check the BIOS to see if it's seeing the Hard Drive as bootable.
        This may be the issue. I’ll try the sata cable to the boot drive first with a fresh one and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          Does it post? Do you get any beeps? If you also havr on board gfx (Intel cpu's usually have gfx chips built in), have you tried removing the most power hungry device, i.e the gfx card and see if it posts to bios and/or boots windows?
          Motherboard beeps as normal on initial power on. Everything has power, even the boot drive and secondary drive. I think the bios battery has run out and now hasn’t got a boot drive.

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Comment

To be honest I haven’t even plugged the power supply into the mains. I just assumed it would all power itself 😜

Comment

Sorted. Bios boot drive order had been messed up and was trying to boot from a network instead of the boot drive.

It’s nice when it’s something simple 😁

Comment

I can't believe how much of our time you've wasted lol! Glad it's sorted.

Comment

Amateur hour. Glad that's all it was

Comment

Yep. Zaki called it. CMOS battery died messing the boot order up.

Comment

Working...
                      X