Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    It sounds like a samey grind.
    I don't know how many hours I put in, but that is precisely what it becomes at some point.

Comment

Thanks for the impressions, Sketcz.
      I'm only joking with Prinny, if casual thread visitors didn't know!

How does this compare to the Vita game? Are they both pretty repetitive?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        There's a Vita game of AoT? Dunno... Only tried the PS3 vers.

Comment

Comment

I've just put the sequel in my Switch ready for a plane journey tomorrow. I'll report back.

In terms of the grind, I found that only set in right at the end. I didn't see the very end of the game because it has a massive difficulty spike to force the loot grind. The game is very samey but for a cheap price it's a good blast to the credits. It's a shallow B tier action game that has a very unique mechanic.

Sketcz is right though, the game is hindered by it's adherence to the anime/manga. If this were an unlicensed game there'd be all sorts of wacky and interesting Titans to fight against but as it is, they're the same. However, the core mechanic was enough to get me about 15 hours of play time without being bored. It has a great sense of speed and very arcadey combat.

Definite purchase if you can find either of them cheap and want a very gamey action gamey game.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Thanks for the impressions, Sketcz.
              I'm only joking with Prinny, if casual thread visitors didn't know!

Ignore this bitch. I don’t know who he is, or what his game is. He seems to get kicks out of bitching on with bitchy comments, like I’m his bitch. I’m nobody’s bitch, bitch.

Comment

This made me think... Does anyone still play EDF online on PS3? I had it on my shelf for ages but never started it. Kinda tempted...

As an aside, to what Chopemon said about bosses, I started Dark Souls 2 after this, and have been impressed with the variety of enemies and bosses. That's what AoT needed. In fact it's such a tease.

It shows you the armoured titan, but you never, ever fight it (unless it shows up in the last 4 epilogue missions).

You also don't fight the iconic skinless titan, apart from a brief minigame using a wall canon.

So far the only unique titans have been the female titan, and the monkey titan.

This game could have been the swansong for the PS3, and the reason to buy a PS4, if they'd made it a side story to the anime, exploring and going crazy with the source material. The primary mechanic works so well. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that they wasted such an opportunity. They genuinely had pure gold in their hands, but did nothing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  This made me think... Does anyone still play EDF online on PS3? I had it on my shelf for ages but never started it. Kinda tempted...
                  I played 2025 (EDF4 in Japan) on the 360,as did most people on here.
                  A few of us played 4.1 on the PS4, but I couldn't face doing the 360+ hours again!
                  At the time, based on forum anecdotal evidence, the PS3 lobbies were quieter and nobody had a headset.
                  I'd be surprised if anyone was still on it, seeing as a PS4 remake and a sequel (in Japan) have been out for a while now.
                  A couple of guys rate the single-player, but I found the online co-op to be some of the best I've had. Such a buzz teaming up to take down the giant enemies together.

I'm looking forward to EDF5 coming out in the West, but they're a little sketchy on the Eurodetails.

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post

As an aside, to what Chopemon said about bosses, I started Dark Souls 2 after this, and have been impressed with the variety of enemies and bosses. That's what AoT needed. In fact it's such a tease.

It shows you the armoured titan, but you never, ever fight it (unless it shows up in the last 4 epilogue missions).

You also don't fight the iconic skinless titan, apart from a brief minigame using a wall canon.

So far the only unique titans have been the female titan, and the monkey titan.

This game could have been the swansong for the PS3, and the reason to buy a PS4, if they'd made it a side story to the anime, exploring and going crazy with the source material. The primary mechanic works so well. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that they wasted such an opportunity. They genuinely had pure gold in their hands, but did nothing with it.
                  Dare I suggest that the game is compromised because they wanted to make the game available to as many AoT fans as possible?
                  There's a big difference in games built specifically for PS4 or One with their relative boost modes in mind.

Koei Tecmo reveals the reasons behind the decision to port Attack on Titan 2 to Nintendo Switch, also giving a hint on what it'll look like.

"Koei Tecmo President and Chief Operating Officer Hisashi Koinuma explained that one big challenge of creating games related to popular anime series is making them accessible to as many fans as possible. Koei Tecmo researched the platforms on the market that were available within the target audience and made an effort to reach the broadest userbase they could. That’s why they decided on PS4, Xbox One, Steam, and Switch (and PS Vita only for Japan)."

All four formats are relatively comparable:

Comment

Working...
                  X