X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wargame View Post
    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Tapatalk > person icon (far right) > Settings (bottom) > Signature > Click slider off

Comment

hey leave him be you admin bully

-Sent form the Bog using an smartphone-

----- Edit stupid phone stop telling people where i am -------

-sent from the kitchen raiding the biscuit tin-

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
        Once guy factor in the cost of a dock and controller it would probably be in the same ballpark as the current Switch.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
        Probably, but that would make the whole Lite thing obsolete, or it would outright replace the current one, and in the latter case people would just moan at the screen being smaller as that would be the only real difference aside from the D-pad. They want two SKUs so people can make a choice
        Last edited by Nico87; 10-07-2019, 16:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
          Probably, but that would make the whole Lite thing obsolete, or it would outright replace the current one, and in the latter case people would just moan at the screen being smaller as that would be the only real difference aside from the D-pad
          I am not sure I follow? How would that make the Lite obsolete or replace the current one? If I want a cheap Switch the Lite is the only option. If I buy a Lite and at a later date why to buy a dock and JoyCons or pro controller your looking at the best part of £80/100 pounds. Which makes it the same price but can be done in stages.

If I want docking ability out of the box along with a bigger screen the original is the way to go.

Comment

There is still a risk that it would just cannibalise the sales of the current Switch as a significantly cheaper entry point into what would essentially be the same product. They are selling very large numbers of Switch units at a higher price point right now and won't want to dent that. The Lite is most likely to lure people who would not otherwise have bought a full Switch unit.

Comment

Yeah, basically what Dogg Thang said, sorry if I explained it weirdly. There's no reason to buy the Lite if it has the same features as the current one. They'd have to outright replace the current model for it to make sense. Basically you'd have two models where the only real difference is less than an inch of screen size.

I realize that it would be cheaper if you wouldn't buy a dock for the Lite but I still feel that they would have to replace the current model for this to make sense. They'll make way more money by going the route their going because it will open up a whole new market.

I don't really have any good comparisons but the one I'd make is 3DS and 2DS. You take away the main gimmick and sell it for less while still making loads of money. Having one cheap model is for the end-of-lifetime days like the New 2DS XL is for the 3DS family right now.

I mean why offer your only console for $199 (more if you choose to buy a dock) when you already have a more clunky model with a terrible D-pad (that will output up to 1080p on a TV) which is selling absolute ****loads at $299?

Regarding save transfer, Bowser said that it won't be an issue.

Of course I would welcome a dockable Lite but this is obviously the best business decision they could make.
              Last edited by Nico87; 10-07-2019, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                Yeah, basically what Dogg Thang said, sorry if I explained it weirdly. There's no reason to buy the Lite if it has the same features as the current one. They'd have to outright replace the current model for it to make sense. Basically you'd have two models where the only real difference is less than an inch of screen size.
                I see what you mean now.

Regarding save transfer, Bowser said that it won't be an issue.
                Only a fool would trust Bowser :-)

Why do I feel like having both Switch models and expecting to play on the docked one, save your game, pick up the Lite and play the same game from your cloud save just seems like a think Nintendo would work best hard at making impossible.

Comment

I think you can already do this between two Switch systems though, but I think it moves the entire account and all that comes with it to another Switch. Not sure. I think they want to make the process much easier so you can keep a save on both, but you'd probably need an online subscription.

Last edited by Nico87; 10-07-2019, 16:58.

Comment

Jebus from Godisageek was telling me he does this with his Switch and his son's, although the secondary console has to connect to the internet and re-authorise every few hours. Kind of crappy if you are on a plane.

Comment

This looks pretty cool!

Although, to all the people worrying about whether their docked Switch will sync with their Switch Lite, this problem has been solved for you. Just connect some joycons to your docked Switch, remove from dock and hey presto - a portable Switch with all your stuff synced. And you didn’t even need to spend 200 quid!

Comment

Complete the experience by glueing your joycons to the system.

Comment

Oh well, at least the lack of HDMI output will keep the modders and hackers busy for a few months...

Comment

£199.99?!?!?!!

GTFO Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Jebus from Godisageek was telling me he does this with his Switch and his son's, although the secondary console has to connect to the internet and re-authorise every few hours. Kind of crappy if you are on a plane.
                              yup can confirm this is how it works, as i've shared my account with a friend and to play my games she needs to be online when she loads the game.

So i guess if people want to have both they can have the lite as their primary console, and the regular Switch as their secondary console left in the dock always connected to the internet.

Comment

Ugggghhhhhhh. No tv option on it at all. Sigh. Pass.

Edit. Also Labo is completely useless with the Lite.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-07-2019, 23:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X