Replacing the Analogue Sticks on an Xbox 360 Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing the Analogue Sticks on an Xbox 360 Controller

The sticks on my controller, particularly the left one, have developed a 'drift'. The caps are a bit worn, too, but that's less of a concern. I imagine taking the controller apart and cleaning it might improve things temporarily but replacing the sticks for not much more work seems preferable.

Given that official replacement parts aren't available, could anyone recommend me a quality third-party alternative?

You'd likely need a hot air rework station to replace the actual component part. Would likely be easier and more inexpensive to just buy a new pad tbh.

Comment

Aliexpress for the analogs:

And some desolder braid (make sure its flux) along with a low watt soldering iron and you're good to go or you could save yourself the time and hassle and buy a 2nd hand controller online for a tenner.

Comment

I was under the impression soldering wasn't involved. Oh well, learning how to solder and how to perform simple mods has been on my mind for a while, so maybe one day...

Comment

What did you think? They were made of Lego inside or something

Comment

With a few screws to unscrew first, then yes, everything just clicked in place.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              What did you think? They were made of Lego inside or something
              Isn't yours?!

Comment

Working...
              X