No announcement yet.

The Wii U Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to my insane desire recently to replay DK64 and the quest to do so I recently got back into the Wii U. (DK64 is terrible on it by the way) I managed in this quest to obtain 3 NTSC consoles. (Don't ask!) which I have now modded with Hackchi to enable the playing of all region games. I'm having a great time. Sonic Racing is a title I owned since launch and have probably spent more hours playing than MK8. It's that good. NES remix is a great title for a quick blast that often turns into hours. And is available on Disc in NTSC regions. As is the Ducktales remake. Which not brilliant, I love due to how much time I spent on the NES original. Shantai and Runbow also have physical NTSC releases. + the really expensive pal games, over in NTSC land are not so pricey and vice versa. I must have picked up around 20 games over the last couple of months.

The DC vibe comparison is a good one. Its another console that will forever remain under my TV.

Comment

I had a funny turn today and thought about selling my Wii U collection, i am only a few shy of the Nintendo dev/published titles....tho looking online now the games are absolute peanuts like Pikmin 3 ive seen 5 to 10 quid, great time to get into the system!

Comment

Do we think digital/piracy/digital piracy is affecting short-term valuation? I can see this stuff becoming desirable perhaps after the human race has fully recovered from a nuclear holocaust, before that point however... Surely people will just download stuff to collect?

Comment

Hard to imagine WiiU holding it's value. In theory I can see why it should qualify for collectors but the system was always lacking in hard to get hardware variants and with the way Nintendo has quickly stripped the flesh off the software line up for Switch it's mostly down to loyalty/nostalgia which is a factor for too few gamers when it comes to the system.

Comment

I see WiiU game values ticking up a bit from their current level in the future, but agree that the Switch rereleases will seriously cut into the value of most of the software on a permanent basis. There are couple of rarities like Project Zero in English though. That can go for £120+.

Comment

As long as 3D World and Pikmin 3 remain exclusive I'll be keeping hold of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                As long as 3D World and Pikmin 3 remain exclusive I'll be keeping hold of mine.
                I’ll be keeping mine as it’s the best (and my only) way to play Wii games on HDTVs and also the best way to play Xenoblade (Off-TV). Only games I have left are 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and The Wonderful 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                  Wind Waker HD
                  I've still got this too Forgot about that. Have a few Wii games on the system bought digitally too (Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and Prime Trilogy). It is a keeper (and I'm a serial seller).

Comment

For anyone with a US Wii U: VideoGamesPlus has Star Fox Zero (with Star Fox Guard) for 10 Canadian dollars, that is less than 6 in your Brexit monies.

Comment

Working...
                    X