The Wii U Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    I don't know, I've actually been put off of ebaying all of mine because of the crap prices. Digital, homebrew, and now rereleases aren't really doing the prices much good. I'd say now is a good time to grab some bargains.
    What are you selling cos I'm looking to buy a few titles.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      What are you selling cos I'm looking to buy a few titles.
      They're all NTSC, and boxed away thousands of miles away in Malaysia.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        That list shows the problem with the wiiu, some good games but at present they have all been bettered remade, or ported to the switch

Zombiu feels like a multi platform indie game that was released at £15 when it came to other consoles
        Pikmin 3 i fully expect to get a switch port
        The Wonderful 101 dev's are hankering to port this to the switch
        Monster hunter 3U is sub par when put next to the sublime Monster Hunter world,
        Super Mario 3d world for me was to similar to the 3DS version of the game and has been bettered by the Odyssey
        Smash bros, superior version coming to switch
        Splatoon, second version on switch and a better game
        then your left with Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
        Hyrule Warriors all pillaged and put onto a better system.
        The person asking isn't currently buying a Switch, though.

I'd strongly disagree that MH3U is sub-par compared to World, too.

Comment

Comment

Can you go and get them and post hi Res pics? I might be interested in buying 1 off you. Thx.

Comment

In typical Nintendo baffling thing of the day. They’ve removed DK: TF from the wiiu eshop before the switch version is released. Sigh.

Comment

Remember that the next time they claim they're not anti-consumer

Comment

Is that so baffling? They obviously want to move as much of their fan base as possible onto Switch. I can see that it's annoying for people who want to buy it on Wii U but haven't already done so, but it doesn't seem daft from Nintendo's point of view to me, Those people now have one more reason to get a Switch if they don't already have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                    Is that so baffling? They obviously want to move as much of their fan base as possible onto Switch. I can see that it's annoying for people who want to buy it on Wii U but haven't already done so, but it doesn't seem daft from Nintendo's point of view to me, Those people now have one more reason to get a Switch if they don't already have one.
                    Or if you have a wiiu just go and get a disk version? That Nintendo can’t delete when they wish too.

Comment

True, but assuming they don't release any more copies, they can't do much about the number of disks out there.

This is far from the silliest thing they've ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                        True, but assuming they don't release any more copies, they can't do much about the number of disks out there.

This is far from the silliest thing they've ever done.
                        Not at all. It can be labelled in the Nintendo petty pile I think.

Comment

Been playing Sonic All Stars Transformed and it’s quite a decent title. Reviews said the game was a carting release in name only and how it’s actually a tried and true sega arcade racer with a great single player component and they were right.

Wii U version is also the best in terms of graphical performance and well worth the fiver cost of entry.

Anyone else taken it for a spin?

The seamless flips between cart, boat and plane is quite cool and handled really well plus the game theme stages are excellent plus it controls well with a strange but quite clever drifting mechanic and loads of variety. Me is impressed.

Downside would be that it’s quite a difficult title and some of the more graphic heavy stages cause the frame rate to dip slightly below 30 and some of the tracks are just way too sparkly and you lose sight of where you should be ala wipeout 2048.

All in all quite a good laugh though as the physics are so different to anything else. Let me guess, this one didn’t sell any copies either?

Comment

I've traded most of my games in when Switch ports were announced, or switched to the digital versions when they were discounted via My Nintendo rewards.

Discs I still have:
                            Super Mario 3D World
                            Pikmin 3
                            Xenoblade Chronicles X
                            Smash Bros. For WiiU
                            Paper Mario Colour Splash
                            Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
                            Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

The ones in bold hadn't been played yet...I also have every Just Dance as the wife likes to play them. Yes, just the wife

Comment

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is the next title I intend to pick up methinks. The reviews made it seem like quite a splendid experience and the 50 hours Mirage asks for makes it seem a lot more enticing than P5s 100 hour minimum :/

I'm really enjoying the Wii U at the moment. For some reason it keeps giving me Dreamcast on steroids vibes thanks to is niche appeal and beefed up VMU masquerading as a controller as well as the fact that only a few appreciated it whilst it was a current system. Personally I think its one of Nintendos best yet but thats with the magical CFW sprinkles and all that brings because you've got one machine that emulates pretty much every other Nintendo platform either perfectly or even better in the case of the DS:

Comment

This is a really nice thread, very interesting and educational.

I completely ignored it but always found it an interesting console which seemed to exist longer than it should have with a handsomely moderate roster of exclusive games. Thing that put me off really was I wasn't sure what it was and was less powerful than the things I already have...and more fiddly/less straightforward.

How robust are these things, second hand? How often do they go wrong, what things tend to break first, or do they even break at all??! I would be intrigued by an ubercheap Cashies or Gumtree Wii U with a suite of games, it is alluring to me in some way...

Comment

Working...
                                X