No announcement yet.

The Wii U Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deus Ex was actually the reason I bought a Wii U in the first place. Ultimate version indeed and an absolutely stunning game to boot, easily worth ten times the fiver price of admission. Well £155 technically speaking all said but you get what I'm saying.

Comment

I do.

I find it most strange that I had such issues with the controls. I do remember that at least one other person here agreed with me but everyone else says they're fine.

I have the bayonetta pack, windwaker, mass effect 3, metroid trilogy, zombiu. All great apart from mass effect which I can't get on with (tried many times on many platforms).

Comment

I thought the controls were perfect, what issue did you have?

Just had a quick search and people seemed to complain about clicking the analog stick to aim? Can't say I noticed anything wrong when playing and you know I'm quite a vocal critic of any wackness I encounter.

*Makes another note that I must play at least one Metroid title at some point*

Comment

I loved the Wii U. It was worth ownin' for Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World and Wonderful 101 alone. Oh and Wind Waker HD.

Comment

I've looked at a few videos of Wonderful 101 and I can't seem to get what the gameplay is about as it seems like a more violent Pikmin sans the charm?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              I thought the controls were perfect, what issue did you have?

Just had a quick search and people seemed to complain about clicking the analog stick to aim? Can't say I noticed anything wrong when playing and you know I'm quite a vocal critic of any wackness I encounter.

*Makes another note that I must play at least one Metroid title at some point*
              I literally couldn't put my crosshair over an enemy with any degree of accuracy. I tweaked the settings to death but nothing worked. I accept that I'm almost alone in having this issue though!

Comment

Odd. I found it all to be perfectly fluid and far superior to the PS4 sequel in all respects where I found the controls a tad wonky compared to the smoothness of the Wii U edition.

Comment

I've looked at a few videos of Wonderful 101 and I can't seem to get what the gameplay is about as it seems like a more violent Pikmin sans the charm?
                  It doesn't play like Pikmin but I can see why you might think that. It's pretty unique in terms of gameplay and totally brilliant. I sunk a good 200 hours into it, easy.

Comment

Wowsers. That’s two Yakuza 0s

My interest is piqued.

Does Twilight Princess still hold up these days for a first spin?

Comment

No. It's Bayonetta, but you can split Bayonetta into multiples.

It couldn't possibly be any further from Pikmin.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 22-05-2018, 00:12.

Comment

Does Twilight Princess still hold up these days for a first spin?
                        It's got the best dungeons out of any 3D Zelda, and there are lots of them. The rest of it has been done better elsewhere throughout the series, but that doesn't mean it's not worth playing.

Comment

I prefer the original Twilight Princess on the Wii as the horseback controls are fiddly and annoying on the Wii U remake.

Comment

Horseback control was fine on GameCube. How did they manage to balls it up on wiiu?

Comment

Who’s played Tokyo Mirage Sessions before?

Comment

If anyone is looking for a cheap NFS Most Wanted then check here as there is one copy left for a tenner. German writing on the back of the box but the game plays fully in English and the Wii U one uses the textures from the PC version and looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X