Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzer Dragoon Saga and how it came to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's crazy. Such a lovely game but the prices are really high even for some that don't seem to be in perfect condition.

Comment

Yeah, for anyone getting into the machine now a chipped or Rhea'd console is essential.. Most of the really interesting stuff is ridiculously priced now, which is a shame. A friend has big old stack of mint US games he's had since they were contemporary (he's American). Must be worth an absolute bomb now as they're 60hz and in English.

Comment

Wait... Was the UK Panzer Dragoon full screen and in 60htz?
        I was playing my minty UK copy on my chipped Jap Saturn...

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
          Don't think you understand TA the Saturn source code of Panzer Dragon is gone by all accounts, all the later versions are based on the PC release include the PlayStation 2 as some effects seen in the Saturn version don't appear in any others. ]
          I believe the source code is around for the Saturn version, I'm sure Land Ho said they had access to it. Given the various SEGA Ages 2600 games like Dragon Force, Die Hard Arcade and the like, I think its more a case of SEGA being rather lax with their source Code, more so if SEGA loses the source code to their biggest Arcade game of all time, when AM#2 moved to their new floor.

There are many Sega Saturn, Dreamcast games that haven't been revisited and I just put it down to rubbish sales and SEGA not thinking they'll be any demand for the games at a later date, given there was no demand for them at the time of their release I would imagine if there ware any source CODE that the SEGA top brass would look to destroy, it would have been Shenmue, given the costs Vs sales.

If SEGA had such big issues over the Panzer IP, I very much doubt they would greenlight a SEGA Ages game, release soundtracks, much less allow a sequel to be made on the XBox and where the sequel takes place after Orta, references Saga in game and also has music tracks and FMV taken from the game, to be put into SAGA. I just don't buy you'll do that if you believe or think the IP got some curse on it.

It would be nice though, if SEGA did a new print run of the game, so those with Saturns or PC Emulate could at least play the game if they didn't before

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
            I dunno. I had my Saturn modded to have a 60Hz switch, so I played it in 60Hz.

However, the PAL version is best because it's in English, and it has lovely artwork on the backs of the two internal boxes which the US does not.

I wish I'd kept my copy now. I bought it for £40 new, and then selling it years later for £150 the buyer got a bargain. Super mint too, not a crease on that outside box.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
              The 1st two games were optimized for the Pal screen. Saga wasn't but the FMV seemed to have some Pal optimized code (like Pal Deep Fear) . Otherwise its perfectly playable and no issues at all.

Comment

Working...
              X