Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    It looks like you might be able to replace the controller PCB with one out of an actual original CD pad.

Also...

https://funnyplaying.com/products/re...ot-snk-neo-geo
    I want one, just so my family can be this happy:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I want one, just so my family can be this happy:
      I'Ve got one of these on the way for review as part of the Chinese Knock Offs series. Will it suck ass? Most likely but I do hope it can plesently surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        I'Ve got one of these on the way for review as part of the Chinese Knock Offs series. Will it suck ass? Most likely but I do hope it can plesently surprise me.
        I've said before that those KO vids are some of my faves of yours. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I've said before that those KO vids are some of my faves of yours. I can't wait!
          I just hope it arrives sooner than later. Ordering from China can be a pain in the arse. They sometime take forever to deliver stuff. And they always and I mean 100% always lie about the shipping dates. Do they think we are all dumb or something?

Comment

Jesus, that’s real! I thought it was a QC photoshop

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
              Jesus, that’s real! I thought it was a QC photoshop
              Yep, it's real alright. No idea how good it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Yep, it's real alright. No idea how good it is though.
                The family's smiles tell you all you need to know! But never fear, for they reviewed it as well:

Dad: "This is great! The controllers give the Saturn mk2 controller a run for its money and the main unit's joystick is a 'joy' to use, haha!"

Mum: "You'll have to excuse my 'husband'. He loves his dad jokes. As for me, I just want a a rock-solid 60fps with minimum latency and the Retro ArcadeTM delivers on both fronts. The fact it can do GPU hard sync is the icing on this retro cake."

Boy1: "I use a hitbox so it took a little adjustment but I got there in the end and have never looked back. FLAWLESS VICTORY!"

Boy2: "The game selection is decent - I especially like that they included the beta version of MD SF2CE with BRANKA - and the microSD slot helps future-proof it as far as storage is concerned. The screen is decent and exhibits very little glare, even on sunny days in the park on the swings. My Switch has been collecting dust since we got the Retro ArcadeTM"

I like that their tops are the SNES button colours.

Comment

I felt a moment where I almost kind of caved but Eurogamers write up put me off again, no way they should be getting the stick/dpad wrong

Comment

hahaha, that's a quality post. Also, yeah, didn't notice the tops. Quality stuff ��

Comment

If you look at that photo of the family, the pads have all actually been photoshopped in to their hands. What were they REALLY holding that made them so happy????

Comment

Raccoons?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          IWhat were they REALLY holding that made them so happy????
                          I guess they were holding nothing, so Chinese manufacturers could easily photoshop things into their hands.

Comment

The family's smiles tell you all you need to know! But never fear, for they reviewed it as well:

Dad: "This is great! The controllers give the Saturn mk2 controller a run for its money and the main unit's joystick is a 'joy' to use, haha!"

Mum: "You'll have to excuse my 'husband'. He loves his dad jokes. As for me, I just want a a rock-solid 60fps with minimum latency and the Retro ArcadeTM delivers on both fronts. The fact it can do GPU hard sync is the icing on this retro cake."

Boy1: "I use a hitbox so it took a little adjustment but I got there in the end and have never looked back. FLAWLESS VICTORY!"

Boy2: "The game selection is decent - I especially like that they included the beta version of MD SF2CE with BRANKA - and the microSD slot helps future-proof it as far as storage is concerned. The screen is decent and exhibits very little glare, even on sunny days in the park on the swings. My Switch has been collecting dust since we got the Retro ArcadeTM"

You need to do more mock ads, that made me laugh my ass off.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would buy this. I can't see one good reason to want this. Maybe I've become completely out of touch with gaming. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                You need to do more mock ads, that made me laugh my ass off.
                                Thanks! The whole thing wrote itself, really, but I liked the 'husband' bit. It works on two levels.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                I don't understand why anyone would buy this. I can't see one good reason to want this. Maybe I've become completely out of touch with gaming. I dunno.
                                You're just smart, that's all.

SNK could've just copied Nintendo and made a little NeoGeo but instead they decided to go overboard with the novelty value and look what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X