No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The screen could have maybe been 5”, but it looks functional enough in the video. For me it’s the on-board controls that is the problem. They could have made the bottom panel slightly wider maybe. Stick a little larger and spaced the buttons out some more. It looks like intensive games might be hindered by it.

External controllers are all very well, but that kinda defeats the object of it all. The controllers look look like they might be decent with the new design, but I still think that they should have just made a mini AES with full-sized sticks and been done with it.

It it is very SNK though. Novel for sure.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I’ll be picking one up for sure as I love the novelty factor, even though I will probably carry on using my Switch for playing Neo Geo games. The biggest disappointment for me though, and its the same with all of these classic mini consoles, is not being able to legally purchase and add other games to the initial selection. I really hope that if this is successful that SNK do a new Neo Geo Pocket mini with all of the games for it.

Comment

Comment

I’m going to stick to my prediction of a RRP of £350 for this based on that clip and how the rep avoided the pricing factor again. I’ll also double down and say that it’s emulator is running via Linux and will be easily cracked.

Comment

Look at the player to the right jabbing away at the fire buttons on the garbage tiny controls, utter pish, too small for any decent functionality.
            Last edited by Colin; 21-06-2018, 21:38. Reason: Oops, I meant right, not left!

Comment

For once the raspberry piers may be right with their horn tooting as this does look exceptionally pants as they should’ve gone the whole nine and did a proper bar top for £500 as the controls look like such a fail as it seems it will fly all over the place as you try and prod it gingerly with your fingers.

Comment

This is an OCD spot, but check the still frame before you play QC's vid and look at the cardboard box, even the quality of that is ****e! The lid card has given in and bent already, like any cheap Chinese hardware!

Noted in jest but probably reflective of how good it'll all be..............

Comment

I don't think they could be bothered finding the right NEOGEO font, either - or remembering that the logotype is split with a single bullet in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    I’m going to stick to my prediction of a RRP of £350 for this based on that clip and how the rep avoided the pricing factor again. I’ll also double down and say that it’s emulator is running via Linux and will be easily cracked.
                    I get the impression that it was created as a mass market product to cash in on the general interest in retro gaming, so I'd be surprised if it costs more than $129.99.

I think a Chinese company could deliver these for much less than that, so it will be interesting to see what the price actually is.

Comment

Up for pre-order on Amazon.jp, 12420¥ is currently £85... So £89.99 over here then?

And controllers are apparently 3000¥, which will probably end up as £29.99...

Product overview page https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5796478051
                      Last edited by _SD_; 22-06-2018, 05:12.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        I don't think they could be bothered finding the right NEOGEO font, either - or remembering that the logotype is split with a single bullet in the middle.
                        Thinking about it, I’m pretty sure the dropped the bullet during the original hardwares lifetime, I’ve definitely seen boot up animations lacking it. Shame, because it did look better with it.

Comment

Weirdly the pad's logo does have the bullet between Neo and Geo.

To be fair that pricing is appropriate and in line with Nintendo's mini pricing. It's much lower than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            Up for pre-order on Amazon.jp, 12420¥ is currently £85... So £89.99 over here then?
                            It's the sort of price I expected it to be. Maybe it will be just under $100 in America. Probably £99.99 in the UK.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-06-2018, 06:36.

Comment

Reasonable price, however i have no interest in the japanese version. Not something i usually say, but that colour scheme is too busy for something that small, it makes it look very cheap. I understand they are the correct colours but it doesnt work at that scale. Plus the japanese game list is wank as its missing most of the slug games and far too many fighters. Dont just assume that because the nintendo ones were easy to hack that this one will be the same, im hoping it might be but theres no guarantee that will be the case. If the uk price stays to under £100 i'll get the international version as the colour sceme is better and the game selection superior as it has all the slugs, well nearly all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Weirdly the pad's logo does have the bullet between Neo and Geo.
                                Doh! Can’t make their mind up

Comment

Working...
                                X