Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to constantly sound like you’re doing the voice-over on a Hollywood movie trailer:

Maxwell Powers does loads of voiceovers in Japanese games and loads of narration for NHK (Japan's BBC).

His voice is beyond cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Where is Turf Masters?!
      In the 19th, drowning its sorrows with Soccer Brawl and Kabuki Klash...

Comment

Not good enough I’ll not be bothering I think, better off using the money on some neo cd games or more aes games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          What’s the situation with the two different versions? Just splitting by region? Can’t imagine they couldn’t fit all those games on one system...
          Aye I thought the same but it's the 40th anniversary with 40 games so I guess they are catering to regions which might prefer fighters over shooters and won't give you more than the 40 games

I'm gutted there isn't any data east games there like spinmaster, windjammers and street hoop

I thought Turf masters was a shoe in considering it was nazca, who also did slug

Comment

Official website https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/neogeomini/

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              However there are many variables that havent been answered. Firstly how good or poor the emulation is especially after the joke that was the neo geo x and the obscene price it released for. I can quite happily play the slug games perfectly emulated with scanlines in mame so it needs to be able to match that emulation quality as a minimum. I'll most likely be waiting to hear impressions before i buy one however if this thing has a 3 figure price tag they can forget it.
              Wasn't at my most alert when I watched the video, but I'm sure they talked about there being some of the console-version features on these - things like practice modes and so on - so I'm not sure exactly what to expect on the performance front?

Thing itself looks kinda neat, unless it's priced daftly I'll probably grab one and a pair of pads. Not sure I'm in for both revisions though... check me out, Mr Restraint!

Comment

All ten KOF games is ridiculous. The games line up is bizarre I think, and it's almost as though they want you to buy both versions. Hopefully it gets hacked pretty sharpish because TPG over BTG?! The "other" games are a very strange mix I think.

The controls look pretty good, but you'd think that they'd at least give you a USB cable to power the damned thing.

I'm not sure that I'll get one. It'd probably be novel for a few hours, but the same games are available on PS4 already. There doesn't seem much point to it when you look at it that way.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Wasn't at my most alert when I watched the video, but I'm sure they talked about there being some of the console-version features on these - things like practice modes and so on - so I'm not sure exactly what to expect on the performance front?
                  It was showing 4 credits, so I assumed that the games will be running in AES mode. Seems a bit odd when it's housed inside a mini MVS unit.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Where is Turf Masters?!
                    It's patiently waiting for this thing to be hacked

Comment

Why don't you just put a NG emu on your SNES Mini.

Y a w n.

Comment

I'll be interested to see what price this comes in at.

Comment

I've already got alot of them on my PS4 including turf masters and everybody has their preferences like I think world heroes 2 is the best in the series so not actually bothered about world heroes perfect

Also seeing shock troopers split is also strange

If I had to pick 40 I would choose these
                          Art of Fighting
                          Blazing Star
                          Breakers Revenge
                          Fatal Fury 3
                          Fatal Fury Special
                          Garou: Mark of the Wolves
                          Goal! Goal! Goal!
                          The King of Fighters '94
                          The King of Fighters '98
                          Kizuna Encounter
                          The Last Blade 2
                          Last Resort
                          Matrimelee
                          Metal Slug
                          Metal Slug 3
                          Metal Slug X
                          NAM-1975
                          Neo Turf Masters
                          Ninja Commando
                          Ninja Master's
                          Rage of the dragons
                          Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
                          Robo Army
                          Samurai Shodown
                          Samurai Shodown II
                          Savage Reign
                          Sengoku 2
                          Shock Troopers
                          Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
                          Soccer Brawl
                          Spinmaster
                          Street Slam
                          Super Sidekicks
                          Super Sidekicks 2
                          The Super Spy
                          Thrash Rally
                          Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy
                          Twinkle Star Sprites
                          Viewpoint
                          Windjammers

World Heroes 2 would be a debate over something else for me
                          Last edited by buster_broon; 11-06-2018, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            World Heroes 2 would be a debate over something else for me
                            I love World Heroes 2. It's one of few AES games in my collection - and I always enjoy going back to it. I had a 6 hour session on it not long ago... because it really hooks me once I start playing.

Samurai Showdown 2 is also great, so a must-have for me. I agree that Soccer Brawl should have been on the list, as it's still a really nice game to play.

I wish someone would mould a Mini AES case for the Rapsberry Pi 3B, then you could get it to launch to a Neo Geo menu, so with those Neo Geo pads it would be awesome.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-06-2018, 21:24.

Comment

For me being in the royal Navy I loved captain kidd haha

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                I wish someone would mould a Mini AES case for the Rapsberry Pi 3B, then you could get it to launch to a Neo Geo menu, so with those Neo Geo pads it would be awesome.
                                Bootleg X dock good enough? They have a link to the Pi cables further down the page...

Comment

Working...
                                X