Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSN accounts and all my games gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    Not to mention you can also download all the updates and store everything on a hard drive for later.
    You know it makes sense! Its the closest you can get to that physical security in a digital world. As I said in a previous thread when these generations become retro people are going to be stuck with half completed, fully borked physical titles with no updates unless the pirates do their thing for preservation and crack the system and servers...

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      with no updates
      This does worry me. Something like Project Silpheed on X360 is fantastic, but is unplayable without the free update patch since it unlocks an essential weapon (a multi-rocket homing missile). When XBob Live stops for the 360, no one will be able to play that game properly any more.

Anyway, I have the account back, so for the time being I don't need to yarr the PS3 just yet...

But I do recall Replicashooter's topic on how there's a new CFW due to launch for it, so will look into it, along with JTAGing my 360.

If it allows you to install games and play them from the HDD without the disc, I suppose I could install of mine and then offload the physical versions?

Comment

PS3 hacking (on a phat/most slims) is ridiculously easy and its a set and forget kind of thing. The goodies it opens up in the machine though are awesome as I detailed in the post and its well worth doing. Jtaging my 360 is out at the moment as I need to get my nerd on sometime and look into which chip, installation guides etc.. which I really CBA with hence why I may just spend that effort in getting my OG Xbox up and running instead.

Comment

Worst thing for me is when they changed all the privacy stuff and they made me try and send an e-mail to an e-mail account I do not use anymore. On my Japanese account it uses my old Japanese phone e-mail, not sure if the address for this account can be even changed and I used real address I used to live at in Japan for the account

Comment

The aliases an Outlook email account can have are a great help with this kind of account juggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
              This does worry me. Something like Project Silpheed on X360 is fantastic, but is unplayable without the free update patch since it unlocks an essential weapon (a multi-rocket homing missile). When XBob Live stops for the 360, no one will be able to play that game properly any more.

Anyway, I have the account back, so for the time being I don't need to yarr the PS3 just yet...

But I do recall Replicashooter's topic on how there's a new CFW due to launch for it, so will look into it, along with JTAGing my 360.

If it allows you to install games and play them from the HDD without the disc, I suppose I could install of mine and then offload the physical versions?
              All 360 updates are available online thanks to piracy.

Comment

All 360 updates are available online thanks to piracy.
                Link? Pass the Mustard if you must

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                  The aliases an Outlook email account can have are a great help with this kind of account juggling.
                  You can use aliases with Gmail accounts too - you just add a "+something" to your address like youremailaddress+bordersdown@gmail.com - on some websites the form validation doesn't like the "+" bit, but I've found it works in most places.

Comment

There is a 500Gb torrent floating about. Has almost all updates and DLC. I grabbed it from Underground Gamer.

Comment

The Aurora dash will download all TU's for each game once you install them or insert the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                        The Aurora dash will download all TU's for each game once you install them or insert the disc.
                        Yep, forgot about that actually. Great dash.

Comment

There is a 500Gb torrent floating about. Has almost all updates and DLC. I grabbed it from Underground Gamer.
                          Thanks, will peep.

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                          Just another reason to get modding... Thanks

Comment

A small addendum to this, in case anyone has an Xbox 360.

I wanted to buy Panzer Dragoon Orta, but since my machine is American, I can't but it from the UK store due to region locking. I can buy XBLA games from the UK store, just not Original Xbox games. Luckily I have a fake US account for Xbox. (And a fake Japanese one too!)

It's $9.99 so I decide to buy a $10 voucher off eBay. Costs me like £6 or £7 from a guy in Ireland. Good deal!

Cash goes in my fake American account, but when I try to buy Orta it says there's not enough funds. WTF says I. There should be a penny left over!

Then it hit me, my fake US address for Xbox was New York, and I recall reading that some states, like New York, charge sales tax for digital items. I verify this, and notice that Alaska does not. So I go into my account and change my billing information to Alaska. Try to buy... AND IT WORKS! Enough funds.

So now my fake American Xbox self lives in Anchorage. And no, he is not named Hank Franklinson.

Oddly, my US PSN account was also New York, and yet they've never charged me sales tax. At least, I don't think so.

So keep that in mind. Be an Alaskan to skip the online digital sales taxes.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted!

I almost lost a bunch of US PSN games because I put a fake DOB in. Turns out it was 01/01/1990! Easy to remember but so easy I'd never think to try it

PSN charges sales tax now(depending on the state). I'm pretty invested in my US PSN account now so I used my company's US address which means it's not technically fake. I get charged tax as a result, and it's annoying because I have to buy top-up cards. Maybe I'll move to Alaska but it sounds like digital tax is spreading across the US anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X