• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure thing

Pop me a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      As things currently stand there's nothing officially pegged in at all on the schedules.
      What do you even mean by this?

• Super Mario Maker 2 (28/6)
      • Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26/7)
      • Astral Chain (30/8)
      • Pokemon Sword & Shield (2019)
      • Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)
      • Animal Crossing (2019)
      • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
      • E3 is a month away

And that's first party alone. They've basically guaranteed one huge first party game for every month from June to December.

Comment

Sure thing

Pop me a PM

Comment

Given two of the three biggest games on that list might not even make 2019 is depressing in itself. That one of the other biggest releases is a tarted up Game Boy is another wincer. I know Nintendo kind of exists in its own bubble but I feel like my any measure a system in hitting its mid-life with the lack of software momentum it has (where increasingly the system plays host to increasingly dated old games to the point we're now getting late PS1 and early PS2 games as 'key releases') is very reminiscent of Wii. Genuinely, it's a great little system that is great when it's great but 2019 has been and looks to be the weakest the system has had software wise (unless Nintendo is going to reveal stuff at E3 and break it's 1 per month rule or get 3rd parties to stop shilling generations old games for £20-£50 a pop)

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Given two of the three biggest games on that list might not even make 2019 is depressing in itself. That one of the other biggest releases is a tarted up Game Boy is another wincer. I know Nintendo kind of exists in its own bubble but I feel like my any measure a system in hitting its mid-life with the lack of software momentum it has
            Is this much different to the PS4/XBo though? I feel they've all suffered a first-party drought in their midlife. I mean I only got the PS4 due to PSVR. Not that this makes it okay, far from it, rather I think it's a broadly appreciated problem.

Comment

Nintendo should be looking at that kind of schedule every 4-6 months, minimum. That being the entire years offerings, and I bet money some of those get delayed to 2020, is pretty pathetic.

The fact people are buying ps2 ports for Switch shows just how dire it’s release schedule is.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Is this much different to the PS4/XBo though? I feel they've all suffered a first-party drought in their midlife. I mean I only got the PS4 due to PSVR. Not that this makes it okay, far from it, rather I think it's a broadly appreciated problem.
                It is indeed an universal issue, depending on your game tastes of course. I have an Xbox One X and there's only been two 2019 releases for me so far in Resident Evil 2 and Tales of Vesperia Remastered, and both are multiplatform. MS have only had one first party game in Crackdown 3 and Sony had Days Gone.

I wouldn't say that it's very comparable though as Nintendo are much more reliant on first party games than the other two are, and they know that. You also have to factor in that Sony and Microsoft's first party games are much more expensive to make than Nintendo's, so it's only natural that they'll only end up with ~10 first party games each for their system's lifetime.
                Last edited by Nico87; 09-05-2019, 15:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                  It is indeed an universal issue, depending on your game tastes of course. I have an Xbox One X and there's only been two 2019 releases for me so far in Resident Evil 2 and Tales of Vesperia Remastered, and both are multiplatform. MS have only had one first party game in Crackdown 3 and Sony had Days Gone.

I wouldn't say that it's very comparable though as Nintendo are much more reliant on first party games than the other two are, and they know that. You also have to factor in that Sony and Microsoft's first party games are much more expensive to make than Nintendo's, so it's only natural that they'll only end up with ~10 first party games each for their system's lifetime.

I think you need to check your facts on this as Sony 1st party in house have absolutely smashed it on PS4, MS & Nintendo combined haven't come close (i'm excluding all Switch ports of wiiu games from this as they are just that, ports)

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    I think you need to check your facts on this as Sony 1st party in house have absolutely smashed it on PS4, MS & Nintendo combined haven't come close (i'm excluding all Switch ports of wiiu games from this as they are just that, ports)
                    Not quite a fair comparison though? I mean the WiiU was the same generation as the PS4.

Otherwise you've got to compare the Switch's first-party games to only the PS4 first-party games that have come out since March 2017 - or you compare the Switch to the PS4's games in the first 2 years of its life.

*in b4 5 pages of debating game lists*

Comment

Before this happens, I'll just mention that Taito & Natsume Atari are remaking/remastering the 1994 SNES/SFC classic The Ninjawarriors AGAIN for release on the JPN eShop (and PS4) in July (with two new characters) as The Ninjawarriors ONCE AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        Sure thing

Pop me a PM
                        [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] You're going to need to empty out your PM inbox before I can send you a PM. Can you PM me instead? Thanks.

Comment

Not quite a fair comparison though? I mean the WiiU was the same generation as the PS4.

Otherwise you've got to compare the Switch's first-party games to only the PS4 first-party games that have come out since March 2017 - or you compare the Switch to the PS4's games in the first 2 years of its life.

Ok well even if you add up WiiU, Switch & Xbone first party it still doesn’t match Sony’s in house output for just PS4.

Comment

So Nintendo crammed 2 consoles into one lifecycle because they ballsed the first one up? I still wouldn’t count wiiu ports because they are still ports. If you insist though then all the PS4 games that are enhanced for PS4 pro get added twice lol.

Comment

I find new generations of Playstation can be fairly painful in the first year or two, Sony can be amazingly slow to gain momentum with new hardware but by the third year they're generally knocking it out the park on first and third party fronts. Nintendo, well, they see success as a reason to slack off. It's like all the player calls for them to axe the 3DS so the Switch would get better support, no sign of it other than Pokemon having hopped platform. There was a reasonable argument about many Switch owners having not owned a WiiU thereby making the ports of its games make sense but they've tapped that well now yet the Switch pipeline is still coming up largely dry when it should be starting to hit peak output by now. In the last 6 months I've played Yoshi... Smash Bros... other than those two I struggle to think of something I have played on it that isn't upwards of a two generation old port. Don't get me wrong, HD remasters etc have been plentiful elsewhere but Switch is becoming overly reliant on it. This month for example, you have a line up of indies and niche games you get on every platform along with several games which would classify as big name releases:

-Mortal Kombat 11
                              -Sonic Team Racing
                              -Saints Row the Third Full Package
                              -Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
                              -Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
                              -Assassin's Creed III: Remastered
                              -Resident Evil Remake
                              -Resident Evil 0 Remastered
                              -Resident Evil 4 HD

That seems selective but April was much worse, June will be worse too. Come end of July you actually quickly run out of announced releases full stop, I'm not even referring to Nintendo and their E3 here. There's actually not much with a concrete date set past this point. E3 still has to happen and you'll get companies announce more quick turn around ports of stuff like Onimusha 2 or an old Final Fantasy etc but that is not normal for a major platform. No way around it, it's great the Switch has been a hit for Nintendo but there's also very little sign they've learnt the lessons they needed to from it either to prevent a repeat not only of the Wii's success but what that success led to next as well.

Comment

Tetris 99 is receiving it's first bit of proper DLC...A CPU training mode and a single-player Marathon mode (as standard in all ports of Tetris). Available for £9 right now.

Also coming next week is the 3rd Tetris Maximus Cup. Between 17th and 19th May, you'll win points every time you play depending on how high you place. If you get to 100 points you'll receive a GB Tetris-inspired in-game theme to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Tetris.

I've gotta be honest (and I'm saying this as a big fan of Tetris 99) - having to pay for the DLC is crap, especially as it only seems to be offering a training mode that should've been there from the start and a Marathon mode that is a basic staple of EVERY SINGLE PORT of Tetris in existence. This DLC really ought to be free for Switch Online subscribers - the users who were the whole point of Tetris 99 to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X