User Tag List

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 78868788
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader209 View Post
    JizzFunk: You have a 360? Found I still had Stuntman Ignition kicking around the other week (thought it had gone to charity already), you're welcome to it for postage price.
    Soz mate, only just seen this!!!

Many thanks for your generosity mate! Ironically, I've found I already own it, it was in the stacks of old stuff like Over G Fighters that I'd spilt beer all over!

Also got Stuntman on PS2 Platinum this afty for 99p from the British Heart Foundation. Life is so damn weird!

Seeing as I'm on annual leave for 2 weeks, I've set up my Logitech G920 for the One and been playing Dirt 4 and F1 2016 with it it. I must say 2016 plays like a dream on it. Codemasters nailed the feedback perfectly in both titles tbf . Bit of a shame Forza 6 isn't anywhere near as good with the wheel

Okamiden on DS , Sunset overdrive and T x K

Player Unknown's Battleground. I've been lurking in empty houses scavaging ARs whilst avoiding bombardments and shrinking plasma fields.

I finished Driver last week. That is a fun game, I liked it a lot. It's well paced too - it ends right at the point where it starts wearing out its welcome. In the final chapter I did find some of the compulsory side missions a bit pointless, they were just extended retreads of what had already come before. On the whole though, a nice game. It's made me want to play The Crew as that's also a Reflections joint, but I think I'll wait for the sequel, which is apparently coming early next year.

Some of the street racing missions were very fun indeed, I really loved the characters they came up with for those ones. I liked how the game didn't take itself too seriously, something that can't be said for a lot of titles.

Now I really REALLY need to get back to Zelda. I just want to have it done at this point so I can move on with my life!

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    I finished Driver last week. That is a fun game, I liked it a lot. It's well paced too - it ends right at the point where it starts wearing out its welcome. In the final chapter I did find some of the compulsory side missions a bit pointless, they were just extended retreads of what had already come before. On the whole though, a nice game.
    Glad you enjoyed it, mate. There's plenty to do after it's completed, but you can happily move on. I did them all because they were so fun and easy to find on the map.
    I agree with the pacing. When you mentioned it the other day, I thought about how you can't fly into the sky straight away, extra height is unlocked as you progress (you can hear the ambient sounds of the hospital Tanner's in a coma in when you zoom out).

Outside of GTA-style games, racing is usually so stale, it puts me off, but I loved how daft this was and how sweet the controls were.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    It's made me want to play The Crew as that's also a Reflections joint, but I think I'll wait for the sequel, which is apparently coming early next year.
    I need to put more time into Forza, which I think has a similar fun vibe, but I'm the same as you. I picked up The Crew really cheap, but only got past the first mission and got distracted. I'm thinking of instead of going back, putting some time into the new game. I rarely buy new as I'm forever playing catchup, but I'm tempted to show them my support after loving Driver: SF and the Stuntman series.

You can get the full game of The Crew and both expansion for about 19.
    Calling All Units lets you play for the good guys, helping the FBI shut down a gang of illegal street racers, among other things and Wild Run adds monster trucks, motorbikes, dynamic weather, drag and drift builds and an online contest called The Summit.
    You can unlock up to 18 cars in The Crew 2 by completing "actions" before the new game is released. And just for playing the original game, you'll get a Ferrari 458 in the new one.

Martin Edmunson founded Reflections in 1984 and was the Creative Director of Stuntman: Ignition, having been involved in the series since the Psygnosis days alongside The Shadow of the Beast, Destruction Derby and Driver. There's a long story about how he sued Atari for constructive dismissal from his own company. I don't think he needs to work much after that got settled out of court...

Shawn Right was the Creative Director of Driver: San Francisco. He's since moved to Microsoft Studios, working on Kinect Adventures and Halo 5 add-ons.

Here is a nice article about D: SF from late 2016, looking back
    "The moment you know that Driver: San Francisco is a special game is when it asks you to finish first, second and third in the same single race."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-san-francisco

I'm not really sure which staff members have worked on D: SF, S:I, The Crew and The Crew 2, but here's what we know about the series so far:
    http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-pro...ailer-3659235/
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-07-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added links

Quote Originally Posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Soz mate, only just seen this!!!

Many thanks for your generosity mate! Ironically, I've found I already own it, it was in the stacks of old stuff like Over G Fighters that I'd spilt beer all over!

Also got Stuntman on PS2 Platinum this afty for 99p from the British Heart Foundation. Life is so damn weird!
    No worries man, I didn't actually tag you which was my bad!
    Glad you got the original sorted and for so cheap. Can't go wrong at that price!

On topic - Bought Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator this week so will be giving that a play today. Not had a fighting game in soooo long it seems - Mortal Kombat & BlazBlue on 360 would be the last but I never really got into them.
    I tend to only play for offline sessions so didn't go for the newer Rev 2 as I guess that's where most of the online players will be so it doesn't matter.
    Tend to play for the story, music & animations Is that weird?
    Last edited by Fader209; 19-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.

MK8D on Switch.
    Dark Souls III multiplayer on PissPoor. This game just keeps on giving. Re-specced my character as a cleric-archer at Rosaria's Bed Chamber and it's breathed new life into the game. 650+ damage per arrow. So much fun.